“Unwind and Renew yourself here!”
Review of Silverton Resort

Silverton Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silverton
Vancouver, Canada
“Unwind and Renew yourself here!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful relaxing trip to the Silverton/New Denver area with two girl friends to attend the Annual Garlic Festival. First, although a long drive from Vancouver, it was a lovely trip taking the lower route through Osoyoos to Castlegar and then north to New Denver. September is a perfect time to travel with few cars on the road.
The Silverton Resort, nestled on the shore of Slocan Lake was not only a treat, but a fantastic, special surprise. We had an impecably clean and wonderfully appointed log cabin with a deck overlooking the most astonishing body of water with a magnificent backdrop of mountains and forests. The most amazing part to me was that there were no power boats, only canoes and kayaks and the serenity of the location was unbelievable. Everyone at the Resort was so friendly and helpful - we even picked a few apples, pears and plums off a tree on the property and made a fruit dessert. I honestly can't think of a better place to unwind and renew oneself. We did peek into the other cabins and I decided it would be the perfect place for a large family reunion. Each family could have their own cabin and privacy, the kitchen facilities were great and BBQ's were available. It was a great beach with canoes and kayaks were available for rent.
In addition there are 2 cute towns, Silverton and New Denver, with a few great stores and places to eat. We enjoyed the local market in Silverton on Friday with its unbelievable produce and home baked goods. On Sunday we attended the annual Garlic Festival which attracts hundreds of people from great distances. It was a wonderfully fun experience with some of the friendliest people I have ever met. I truly felt so relaxed and at home in this newly discovered, hidden gem, area of BC. and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is such an ideal location, if I do say so the best on the slocan lake by far !! If you are able get the big cabin as it has wonderful upstairs bedrooms and a large relaxing bathtub. Downstairs is a relaxing family room with great kitchen and beautiful deck for alfresco dining under the stars or lunch while kids play on the beach ! The management is A++ and the locals are awesome !! Book a year in advance as the spots fill up fast !!!!

Room Tip: Book the lakeside cabins for great views !!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank erineliza22
calgary
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I discovered Silverton Resort when I was camping in New Denver. I went for a drive to take in the sites and happened on to an amazing location with cabins right on the lake! This was exactly what I was looking for. Slocan lake is, to me, the most beautiful body of water in all of British Columbia. And here I was staying in a cabin just metres away from the lake. I wanted absolute tranquility and found it. My cabin was extremely cute! The cupboards were stocked with every possible item I would need. The bed was just lovely. The entire cabin was spotless. And it was so quiet! The shower actually had water pressure - a rare thing in many other resorts. I had just started to kayak and was able to easily access the lake which was mirror smooth for my entire stay. I hesitate to write this review because I really don't want to risk having this area turn into another over populated Shuswap but it truly does deserve praise. I was looked after by a lovely young woman named Nina who took care of me from the moment I made my reservation to when I left. (She even helped me carry my kayak down to the beach and gave me strict instructions to call her when I got back so she could help bring it up to the cabin.) Silverton, the town, is like something out of a Hollywood movie set depicting heaven on earth. I enjoyed walking my dog around the town and meeting many interesting people. There is a great grocery story in New Denver - a very short drive from Silverton - that not only has all the groceries you need but also home cooked packaged meals to go. (I found one dinner lasted me for two meals.) I am already dreaming of going back but next time I will make sure I have a longer stay. (Margie)

Room Tip: Book early and read the rules on the site. Also note that not all of the cabins are dog friendly.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CalgaryMargie
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We are on the final day of a one week vacation. We have had a wonderful time. Facilities have been great and every one here has been very friendly and helpful when asked. Very laid back atmosphere. Exactly what I was looking for in a vacation!

1 Thank Bobbi_stoon
Castlegar
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We recently had the experience of staying at the Silverton Resort. The resort has a beach on the property, however, what the website fails to mention is that this beach is a public beach. So if you are looking for peace and quiet and tranquility, you will not find it here as both vacationers (out of towners) and locals have use of the beachfront on the resort property. We had the experience of encountering a group of teenagers who failed to respect the guests staying at the resort by both causing damage to resort property as well as causing anguish, stress and distress to guests staying at the resort. We even had the experience of these teenagers coming onto our cabin that we had rented to use our belongings. After contronting these teenagers, they ended up mocking us and actually throwing rocks at guests at our cabin. They even came back at early hours of the morning, waking us up by causing noise and disruptions outside of our cabin. We actually feared that many of our belongings on the deck of the cabin would be missing or damaged. One of our guests ended up leaving early as a result of this incident. The manager of the resort was being very accomodating to us after this incident, however, I found out after the fact that the owners were not very sympathetic to what we had experienced during our stay. We found that the owners were not interested in our satisfaction and enjoyability of our experience during our stay as a result of our experience and offered very little current remidiation of the situation. There was a minimal discount on our stay as a result of our horrible experience as the owners seemed more concerned with their own interest than accomodating and satisfying their customers and having return business.

We love the Silverton area and will come back to the area every year, however, our accomodations will never include the Silverton Resort ever again, mainly due to the owners lack of concern and unwillingness to accomodate their customers. Therefore, I would not recommend this resort if you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful stay. As well, if you encounter problems or issues, the owners may not be accomodating to your needs.

Room Tip: There are various other accomodations in the area and in New Denver which is only 5 to 10 minutes aw...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank Kootenayboy90
Julie P, Owner at Silverton Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
As owners of Silverton Resort we apologize for your unfortunate experience. Your visit coincided with the Annual Silverton Music Camp. Being involved in the Silverton community is important to us and therefore in the past we have allowed the students to have fun by using our raft after a day in classes.

After talking with our manager Nina, clearly the students abused the privilege this year and we will be addressing the situation to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. All other times during the year the beach is quiet, and it is rare for guests to be disturbed. It is our foremost concern that our guests continue to enjoy the peace and tranquility for which Silverton Resort is known.

Travellers are raving about these Silverton hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We booked a cabin here for August 1-8 2012 to be available for a wedding on August 4 2012. We booked this cabin over a YEAR in advance and were told at the time that we MUST book the cabin for one full week.

In the spring of 2012 we contacted the resort to confirm the booking and were told that is was confirmed. In approximately April 2012 we were contacted and told that another customer wanted to stay an extra day and asked if we wanted to shorten our booking by one day (Aug 2-8). At this time we obliged as we only really needed the cabin from August 3-5 2012. WE asked if we could shorten our stay accordingly and the staff had no problems with this whatsoever. So now our reservation was from August 3-5 2012.

On August 1st we were contacted by the resort and told that there was a family staying in our cabin was double booked on August 3rd and they were "adamant" that they stay the extra night and that we would have to have our booking bumped by an extra day. When we informed them that one of us was MCing the wedding and that the family would just have to leave as booked we were told "sorry, we can't help you".

After some debating, negotiation and a lot of pressure from the Bride's family the Silverton resort agreed to put us up in an other resort for Friday night (free of charge) and continue our booking as planned. They also agreed to give us discounts on rentals of boats, etc. Their first offer was nothing, other than giving us the phone numbers of other resorts in town.

The resort seemed nice and silverton did make good on their FINAL promise, but I wouldn't be to sure about any bookings you make with them. I find it hard to believe that we booked a YEAR in advance and still got double booked.

As for the resort itself, it seemed nice. The cabin we stayed in was clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: I would avoid, at all costs, the rental of the cabin that is right on the lake near the highway (tha...
3 Thank Kay M
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am writing to express my disappointment with the customer service we received at the Silverton Resort. There was a large group of teenagers who were partying and damaging property in front of the cabin every day that we were there. The Caretakers of the Resort were difficult to reach and did not deal with the problem. We ended up leaving early as we did not feel safe at this resort. I would not recommend this resort to anyone looking for a peaceful or relaxing stay.

8 Thank Ben B
Julie P, Owner at Silverton Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Please see our response to Kootenayboy's review as Ben B and Kootenayboy were in the same party and were staying together the particular weekend they write about. Thank You, Silverton Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Kaslo Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Kaslo Manor Lodge
Kaslo Manor Lodge
#7 of 7 in Kaslo

Been to Silverton Resort? Share your experiences!