“Not good - right from the start”

Canadas Best Value Inn - Mile 0
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lillooet
Squamish BC
“Not good - right from the start”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Made an online reservation...showed up and the price for the room was almost $40 more than the booking price - before tax...I would have stayed to complain and get the online quoted price but the office reeked of cat urine and indistinguishable odours that I just had to get out of there - fast!!!...got to the room -definitely not worth the money...it was tidy - but definitely not clean/sanitary...the bed was awful...none of the staff knew where the ice machine was and the signs directing you to one took you to a locked room that no one had a key for...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Checked in and went to assigned room....the smell nearly gagged me. It was a non-smoking room but smelled like a dirty ashtray. Okay, we moved to another room that smelled better. The lady in the office very obliging and friendly. Went out for a bite to eat and when we came back the new room smelled like stale smoke too although it was not as bad as the other.
The electrical outlet in the bathroom was not working.
Couldn't get wifi even with the 3 passwords provided.
The frig was barely cool even turned up to maximum and the freezer section didn't even keep the ice packs frozen.
The bed was very comfy and the pillows rather soft. Everything was clean so not sure why it smelled.
Not somewhere I could recommend at $85 plus tax a night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Attended 13June2013 stayed overnight in Lillooet, B.C. We drove 5 hrs. from Abbotsford, B.C. and stopped at Grammy's Kitchen for breakfast. Very glad we did as great friendly customers told us what to expect for food and we definitely were not disappointed. Numerous customers also told us to stay at Mile 0 Motel 616 Main St. the only main street (250-256-7511) to Gold Bridge. We just finished 4.5hrs. on a gravel and partial paved road from Bralorne Mining village and were very stiff and tired that we wanted a room just for the night. They are just now filling in the pot holes and cleaning off the shale and rocks that have slid on the road way. Hotel is situated at the end of the town main street which looks over the Fraser River, beautiful mountains in the back ground. I approached the office desk and a nice young Chinese lady pleasantly smiling welcomed me. I asked for a ground floor as sore back, and just did not wish to climb up stairs to second level. She very nicely explained to her husband she would give us two twin beds for the same price as one as none left on ground floor. I was surprised but very grate full! I did not have to say any thing but thank you! The bill was paid by master card or they take Visa (not AMEX) and explain to me. This room was very close to the office(sorry I for get the no.) but main window faced the Fraser River, gorgeous high mountains, am sun rise, long bridge and a great view with no street traffic behind. The room had a 45inch narrow flat screen t.v. color full bed spreads, large main room, fridge, micro wave, coffee machine, desk and all lights worked!. The bath room tub new, tiles new and clean all around appearance. Yes basic but this is a isolated town, full of miners, all sort of workers and adequate. Bed mattresses a little of the hard side but flat and adequate blankets. This room also a non smokers room with a sign on the entrance doors. I was also asked if any pets and not allowed in this room. The room fresh with enough soaps, shampoos and chairs. I/we would of liked some local news papers or area magazines but I did notice a few tourist cards, papers in their office. The room had a parking spot just in front, the lot a arrow for entrance and departing. Yes comfortable, quiet all around and just what a tired tourist likes. A Greek restaurant called Dina's Place in easy walking distance and also recommended for dinner. If you do not wish a noise below your room like a pub then definitely stay here. Price I would say at the reasonable higher end for a small town, which we paid 85.00 plus BC taxes.Key was left in the room. The temperature was comfortable and the air condition not too loud. We did hear the rumbling of a train way below during the night but that is this countries supply line. My wife was also satisfied with our stay. Thank You both! If you might arrive late in the evening I would say reserve with a credit card a head of your arrival time. Hot Sand-7.

Room Tip: Second level obviously better view to the East(sunrise),mountains and quieter near the office and fu...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very clean, including shag carpet. Very functional with fridge and microwave. Surrounded by mountains. Walking distance to several restaurants. Well worth the "short cut" if you are driving from Whistler to the Fraser Valley area as the scenery is beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Work takes me many places for a night or two, large chains and hotels charging three times the rate could learn about genuine customer service from this small motel. Room, bathroom and bed were clean and the tv worked. It is what it is, a clean, warm place to sleep and clean up for $65 a night. If you are passing through don't hesitate to stay here. I also stayed at the same branded motel in Cache Creek bc and will copy and paste the same review for them.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Room was clean, tho. it said no smoking on door the room smelt of stale tobacco, coffee pot didn`t work, tho. they gave us another one! nice owners,but when you have 2 dogs I guess you don`t get the best rooms! had booked for 2 nights, like I said the smell was bad we, weren`t in the room that long as we we were sight seeing during the day, tho. at night I had to keep spraying the room with air freshner, would stay there again, only next time I would ask to see the room first., or rather smell the room first!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Frenchburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is a good choice in this area. The room was big and had a good bed. I liked the counter space in the bathroom, plenty of room for all your toiletries. I had internet service and several tv channels. The room was clean and the service was good. I asked for extra pillows and they arrived in a timely manner. We walked to a restaurant for dinner. I would stay again if ever in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple