Gagnon House
US$121
US$135
US$131
Hotels.com
Coastal Inn Antigonish(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$77
Aberdeen Motel(Whycocomagh)(Great Value!)
US$64
Hebridean Motel(Port Hood)
US$87
Oasis Motel and Campground(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
US$74
Hotwire.com
US$86
US$78
US$154
All reviewsb bcape bretonlovely homebreakfast was deliciousone night stayjudyhostshostess
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Judy and Darryl share a welcoming property, and make you feel more that you are visiting the favorite relatives than staying at commercial accommodations. They are the sort of people that-- after shooting the breeze, or greeting them with a short introduction--you just know that they are genuine people.

The home is older, but touches of careful renovation denote good maintenance, and welcoming, hand-made mementos speak of travels, peaceful memories, and good vibes. As it has been said in other reviews, the price really is right. (I almost imagine that Judy and Darryl do this out of their love for travelers and travels alike)!

If you decide to stay at Gagnon House, I recommend leaving a tip, and please do exchange stories with the owners, and ask about scenic walking locations. ;)

P.s. to Judy and Darryl if you are reading this: I regret not staying longer, and having been so preoccupied with my cram-style studies. I really do wish you the best, and I still thank you so much for hosting me! I hope we meet again someday.

-Nicole, (June 1-2)

Room Tip: Room #1 has a cute en-suite bathroom and stand-up shower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VandyBurger
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed overnight at the Gagnon House and would highly recommend for anyone to stay there. My room was lovely, the hosts were charming and the price was right. Breakfast was deliciously healthy and carefully put together. The host even ran outside in the cool November weather to pick the lone strawberry still growing in their garden to adorn my fruit cup. If I need to head out towards Cape Breton again, I will most definitely be staying at the Gagnon House.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bonisqui
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We enjoyed 2 nights with Judy and Darryl in their lovely home. Even though the rooms were a little small they were friendly and nicely decorated. They served a good breakfast and were very helpful. I was feeling bad with a back pain and a terrible cold. Judy was so concerned. She gave me a hot pack and cold remedy which made me feel much better. They are very knowledgeable about Cape Breton which makes them perfect hosts. We had intended to drive the Cabot trail but the weather was dreadful. Judy and Darryl knew enough alternatives how to spend a rainy day and we had a good time doing what they had suggested.
We would come back at any time and really recommend their B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed with our 25 year old son from Ontario before he embarked on a solo hike through the Cape Breton Highlands and Cabot Trail. When we arrived Judy suggested the perfect spot for dinner and when we returned my husband read, while my son and myself made use of the wifi. We fell asleep to the sound of a train, which is something we haven't heard for many years. Our room was spotless as well was the bathroom.
Breakfast was delicious and the french press coffee was perfect. Our son inquired about finding a second hand book store - which there were none in the area, but Judy found a great book of her own for him to take. Shortly after Darryl produced a fabulous home-made walking stick, which will be so helpful while he carries his heavy pack with tent, sleeping bag etc.
Have to say .... this was the first holiday with our son since he has lived on his own for the last seven years and was his first B&B experience. We know this will open his eyes to what a friendly and worthwhile experience staying at a B&B is - thanks to Judy and Darryl!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I spent a night here during a cycling trip across Nova Scotia, and I really enjoyed relaxing in such a beautiful home with a large sunny backyard patio and the two minute walk to the gorgeous shore of the Strait of Canso. The hosts are very kind, friendly, and conversational, and breakfast was both generous and delicious. Thanks for the great experience!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo