“A highlight of my trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Soups, Cafe, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Adelaide, Australia
“A highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stumbled on this place as a total accident when i was out on a walk on my day off from being a tourist. As others have said for a non local it would be hard to find if you were specifically looking for it. It is on the commercial waterfront past the railway line and the Sailing Club.

The man who served me was the baker and owner i think. He was amazingly helpful. I liked the food and the inclination towards thinking about healthy food and vegetarian. I also loved the teas they sell and the quirky tea bags. I bought some of the tea and offered to buy some of the tea bags. The man gave me a bundle of the bags and of the bamboo twist sticks which support them in the cup. My friend gave me more of the bags when she saw that I liked them. Along with samples of the teas these were a big hit with friends and family when I got home and solved the issue of a token but thoughtful gift for well wishers. i owe him many thanks.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Judith W

Edmonton, Canada
“Local Coffeebar supports localy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent coffee and tea with friendly staff, great service, and an amazing view of the waterfront. I look forward to returning at Christmas!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank fitnesspj
“Foodie Haven when I needed it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This is a delightful spot for lunch along the Port Hawkedbury waterfront. Just when I thought I would rather die than eat another piece of fried fish or processed meat, we stumble upon Haven. A haven indeed! Artisanal breads made on site, local coffee, gourmet teases, fresh ingredients. Some take away food products from Cape Breton and gift items, all locally made.
The bread is lovely and we bought a loaf in addition to enjoying our sandwiches made on warm focaccia. Mint lavender iced tea to wet my whistle or cold coke in the bottle. Right on the harbor, nice breeze.
We plan to head back later this afternoon for ice cream and a cappuccino.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank GretaBeth
Scotland
“Great find !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Difficult to find but worth it ! Wonderful breads cooked on site to buy and snack menus using them. Lovely couple who run it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TrekkingWhiteTiger
Williamson, Georgia
“Best. Brownies. Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Limited menu but everything we had here was excellent! Our sandwiches on store-baked breads were made with very fresh ingredients and were very good. We took home some of the best store-baked bread I have ever eaten. My daughter loved the store-made garlic pesto but the pièce de résistance was the espresso ganache brownies, hands down the very best brownies it has been my pleasure to devour!

Visited July 2013