Hearthstone Inn Port Hawkesbury
  • Pool
Hebridean Motel(Port Hood)
Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
View Hotel
All reviewsattached restaurantfish and chipscape bretonone night staythanksgiving weekendindoor poolpleasant stayroom was spaciouscabot trailhearthstonehalifaxchantelledesklinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

If you want to drive the horrid highway and get to Cape Breton and you are exhausted from it this inn just over the causeway is economical and was well maintained and very clean. Have stayed in other places similar with dank mouldy smells but appears the rooms have been revamped here so none of that. Lovely bathroom. Coffee maker and fridge too. Old style TV though. I would not recommend Cape Breton as a travel destination itself but if you find yourself there this place is great. Blanket a bit rough but pillows nice. Linens very clean. Lots of towels and facecloths.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Managment1, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2014

We greatly appreciate your feedback and were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We take great pride in the way we run the hotel and it is comments like these that truly make our day. I am also pleased to say we have upgraded to flat panel televisions

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm regards,

Dan Watkins

Reviewed 9 February 2014

When to eat with an NSCC discount which was only 10% and was planning on eating there much more, but they gave 10% on only one meal and not even the drink (pop) that went with the meal.

Will never go back...food was nothing special either

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know your comments. I do apologize for the difficulties with the NSCC discount. According to our records it was only applicable for one person. Had this issue been brought to our staff's attention we would have happily discounted your meals. Our guests always come first.

Best Regards

Dan Watkins

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Celtic Colours Festival in Octoberl. Located right along the main road, and at the gateway to Cape Breton Island, we were pleased with the location and the view of the water from the room. Facilities were satisfactory, with television, internet, a small fridge, and a microwave, which didn't work in the morning, because the switch on the wall had been turned off. Service at the hotel was friendly and pleasant enough. The restaurant attached to the hotel was extremely busy so we ate quite happily at the Tim Horton's a short distance away. I would highly recommend stopping at the the Visitors Center nearby. The staff at this location are excellent, well-informed, and extremely eager to provide information and help tourists make the most of their visit to Cape Breton. They were "hopping" busy on the day we came in, but the service was outstanding and the selection of materials, maps, and brochures terrific!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back facing the water.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atigrevlis
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here because the regular hotel where I stay was full and they told me this was the only place in town they'd recommend. I was traveling for business and asked specifically if they had internet access, and was told they have wireless ( which I need to work). VERY frustrating with the signal cutting in and out...when I called to the front desk to ask I was told it doesn't work well when there are many people online. Unacceptable. Room was clean and food was decent but I couldn't do what I had to do and therefore spent most of my time waiting for a wireless signal

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife & I were very impressed with our room.We've stayed twice in the last month & this will be our hotel in the future.The room was very spacious.Comfortable king sized bed with four pillows.
New TV.Very clean.They have a desk with a comfortable office chair.There should be another chair but that's no big deal.The food is good in the attached restaurant also.

Room Tip: Good value for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple