“Fleur de Lis is one of our 2 favorite restaurants in Cpae Breton”

Fleur-de-Lis Tea Room and Dining Room
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fleur-de-Lis offers a true taste of Cape Breton. Eat-in, take-out, or catering available. Affordable home-style options that are never deep-fried. We can cater to your dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy free, etc. We have an extensive menu of Scottish, Acadian, and other local favorites - there is something for every taste! Best variety of salads in Cape Breton!
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We discovered Fleur de Lis a few years back, and now we eat there as often as possible on our annual trips to Cape Breton, We spend most of our time near here, and have thoroughly enjoyed every meal, from fish to crepes to scottish toast and everything else. The maple salad is a fave too. All is fresh, very well prepared, very fairly priced and they have a wide variety to choose from. The staff is very friendly too. I'm always sad at leaving the island every year, and stop here on the way out. You can't go wrong here. We have eaten at many other spots for alot more money and been very disappointed

4  Thank catrina_9
bchalifax, owner - manager at Fleur-de-Lis Tea Room and Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2010

Thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate your support and patronage!

Reviewed 19 May 2009

We ate here twice during our trip to Cape Breton and if we had discovered it sooner we would have gone more often as we were in the area 8 days.

From the outside it doesn't look special. More like a little hole in the wall in a strip mall, however a local recommended it and so we went there for lunch.

I had an incredible hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes, coleslaw and turnips just like my grandmother used to make. My husband had a burger which he said was pretty good and my mother had a grilled cheese sandwich she thought was terrific. Nobody in our group was unhappy with their food, including our 3 year old who got a generous portion of spaghetti and garlic toast off the kids menu.

The menu had a lot of variety and reasonable prices. When we went back again my son had the chicken strips, my husband had a philly-steak platter which he really enjoyed and I had to have the hot turkey sandwich again as it was just sooo good.

I only wish I lived close by as I would love to go there as a regular.

The hours could have been better, they were open 7-7 mon-sat and I think it was 10-3 on Sundays.

4  Thank Cameronbear
bchalifax, Manager at Fleur-de-Lis Tea Room and Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

I am so happy that you had a great experience at our Restaurant :)
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion with us!
That was very kind of you :)
We hope to see you at the Fleur-de-Lis again,
Take care!
Cheers,
Brenda Chisholm-Beaton.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 27 January 2008

I always like eating here..makes me feel good..plus they have the best tea..

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 21 January 2008

home style all the way love it

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook