“*burp* lobsters done right!”
Review of Ryer Lobsters

Ryer Lobsters
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ryer's Retail store is situated on the shore of St. Margaret's Bay. Offering fresh Live only Nova Scotia Lobsters, mussels and oysters.We are open daily from 10:00am until 5:00pm Closed on Wednesday's
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

What a great lunch we had! Over 5 lbs of freshly cooked lobsters with 1 lb of clams and a dozen HUGE oysters between the 4 of us! Incredibly fresh and just an awe to behold! Who needs side dishes in a fancy seafood restaurant?? That fancy-shmancy nonsense is utterly unecessary for TRUE lobster lovers who just want to dig right in to the delicious buttery, shelly mess! Speaking of shells, they crack each lobster for you in a way that makes accessing the meat from every nook and cranny simple with just your bare hands and an average plastic pick! Go there amd enjoy the best shellfish the way it's supposed to!

3  Thank Unapimper
Ryer R, Manager at Ryer Lobsters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for writing this review, it is always a great pleasure serving fresh Nova Scotia Seafood to our customers. You are right, the no frills sit right down and dive in eating of Fresh cooked Lobster is the way to go. The true flavour of the Lobster shines through.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Come for the lobster and stay for the lobster. Not for the customer service.

I was recently visiting my friend who resides in Indian Harbour, Nova Scotia. What a beautiful place! I was getting the ever so necessary tour and was told that I could not go back to California before experiencing Ryer's and their lobsters. Now, if the lobsters were judged by the customer service, this place would be out of business. Talk about bitter.

I walked in excited and happy, as usual, and proceeded to ask what I believe to be a few standard and harmless questions. The place was not busy at all and I don't believe there were any overwhelming factors that would cause a strain on the employees. The older lady went on a rant in a very rude tone. She ended her rant by calling me ignorant. Needless to say, I was taken aback and I was more than inclined to leave the vicinity. I thought the customer was always right? Fortunately, my friend encouraged me to stay and taste the lobster because it would treat me better than the employee did. He was right!

I can't imagine how many customers this place has lost because of this woman. She obviously feels comfortable enough to bring her mood-altering misfortunes into her workplace... unless that's just the way she is all of the time.

Maybe there should be a sign on the door saying "Please, Try the Lobster Before You Leave. It's Not the Lobster's Fault."

7  Thank Harry P

Thank you for writing your review of Ryer Lobsters. I was very up set reading your comments about our service, and the way your were treated. As there are two sides to every story I have spent a lot of time reviewing my personal memories of this day and also questioned both ladies that work here. Yes you did ask a lot of very pointed questions about our operation and lobsters. You seem unsatisfied with the answers you received, at which time the woman you referred to said " You don't have to be so ignorant" at which time you replied " I am from California we are all like this"
I again thank you for visiting Ryer's Lobster pound but do feel this negative review was totally unjustified

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Ryer Lobsters in outside Peggy's Cove is the traditional lobster pound. Outdoor seating on a shaded deck over the water. Lobsters, oysters and everything in a casual setting. This is so much better than a formal restaurant with table clothes.

1  Thank guynamebob

Thank you for taking the time writing this review. We always enjoy hearing back from our guests. It is our pleasure serving fresh Nova Scotia Lobster the way it should eaten, fresh cooked with just a little melted butter.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

If they have the mussels, buy them. Best we ever had, incl. Belgium ( where they a national treasure), to Ireland, to up & down the eastern NA seaboard. Lobsters are lively & fresh, fresh. Consider buying a weathered lobster buoy, the $ goes directly to local commercial fisherman.

1  Thank rockycomfort

Thank you for taking the time writing this review. We feel blessed living so close to the Atlantic Ocean and able to receive and prepare the freshest seafood available. It is always enjoyable hearing that others also enjoy Fresh Nova Scotia Lobster.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Ryers does lobster right! Pick your lobster and they will package it for you to prepare or if you are willing to wait 20 minutes they will prepare it for you.
We stopped in on the day Arthur came to town. After a stop at the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse to gawk at the waves we stopped by Ryers for 4 1.5lb lobsters and a couple dozen clams. While waiting the 20 minutes (worth the wait) we were treated to a viewing of the blue lobster! Impressive! We will be back.
Don't miss a trip to Ryers!

2  Thank familytravel19380

Thank you for stopping by Ryer's Lobster Pound and taking the time to write this review. That was quite a day glad that even without power we were able to serve you great Nova Scotia Lobster. The Blue Lobster is amazing it is always fun showing her off. It will soon be time to release her back into the ocean.