Oceanstone Resort
Clifty Cove Motel(Indian Harbour)
US$88
US$124
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$130
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$150
US$117
US$177
US$169
Comfort Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$120
US$131
US$121
All reviewswood stoverhubarb restaurantpeggy's covefire pitgrey owlnova scotialobster boilthe cottageswedding coordinatorentire weekendromantic weekendcozy roombridal partyocean waveslarge balconypots and pansfront office
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have lived in NS my whole life and didn't know this place existed. We attended a family wedding over the weekend and were blown away with this resort. We stayed in a small guest room but didn't spend much time there so the size didn't really matter to us. Family members had EVERY cabin on the resort so we spent time in each one. They range from small (2person) to large (6-7 person).They're all very clean, and cozy with a rustic feel. The art on the walls is mostly hand made and the little touches like spoons and forks bent and nailed onto a board for a coat rack compliments the rustic theme. The beach was very nice but where we're into September we didn't spend much time there. The wedding was held down near the water with beautiful views, the couple then took the 5 minute drive for what I'm sure will be spectacular pictures. The guest mean while had cocktails, bruschetta and bacon wrapped scallops (yummy!!) Diner was very good and the service between the courses was perfect! The dance area downstairs was a bit small but it seemed like everyone had a very good time! I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a seaside escape or to celebrate a wedding with family and friends! It is quite expensive but I think worth it! The grounds are beautiful with gardens, outside fire pit and BBQ's. There is also a restaurant on site called the Rhubarb which we didn't have a chance to eat at but heard really amazing things about.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Booked a room for the first night of my trip after a long flight from the UK. It was a great place to ground myself. Beautiful gardens and beach. I watched the sunset there after a delicious meal at Rhubarb restaurant. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We travel to Nova Scotia every year and have always lamented that the hotels in Downtown Halifax don't take advantage of the wonderful ocean views. We now have our Oceanside resort. Close to the city of Halifax, close to Peggy's Cove, close to Mahone Bay - all my favourites. The bedroom was small - not much room for suitcases and it was a little more "rustic" than I had imagined but those were small things compared to the ocean waves and fresh air, the adirondack chairs in the sand with a rock for a footstool and the well kept grounds. Staff were gearing up for a wedding later in the week so were occupied with that but we never felt ignored - just enjoyed our privacy. We stayed in the Grey Owl and I must say - the highlight of each day was our dinner at Rhubarb each night. We thoroughly enjoyed that and I will write a separate review as it is not part of Oceanstone but in my option if not for Rhubarb I would not have enjoyed my stay nearly as much. I don't prefer to cook on vacation and there are no fine restaurants in the area or taxi cabs so Rhubarb restaurant made our overall stay quite perfect.

Room Tip: A cabin on Ocean is the best - the quiet and the private deck were very nice. There is no place for breakfast except a bake shop (which is wonderful) but not the most healthy option so if you like fruit and protein for breakfast - pack your own.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatLynMac
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed in the Treehouse and the accommodation was exactly as pictured on the website. The website does not do justice to the grounds, much nicer than the pictures. It was nice to eat at Rhubarb and just walk a few steps back to our cottage. We will tell our friends about Oceanstone and Rhubarb and stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We visited Oceanstone for the first time in early April and enjoyed it immensely. Our cottage was cozy and clean, the kitchen was very well-equipped (my husband made me a lovely birthday dinner), and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have experienced. Lots of nice touches throughout! Even though it was early spring, we enjoyed the attractive grounds and the shore-front location; we'd loved to return to see what it looks like at the height of the summer. We had brunch at "Rhubarb" and enjoyed the convenience of having a lovely restaurant within a minutes walk of our cottage. The staff were friendly and helpful. Oceanstone is definitely a location we would recommend to visiting family and friends; it would be a perfect destination for a family get-together or celebration.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple