“Wonderful Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Harbour
Fredericton, Canada
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at Clifty Cove for one night on our trip through Nova Scotia and found it to be very inviting. The owners were exceptionally friendly & we appreciated their welcoming our golden retriever. Absolutely gorgeous view from our window and around the back of the motel there were chairs and a little fire pit set up so you could sit and enjoy the sound of the waves crashing in along the shore and the beautiful view. The cottage itself was extremely clean, quiet and complete with fridge, microwave & coffee pot. The one thing I did miss was an outlet in the bathroom for my curling iron & hairdryer but made do with another socket in the main living area....no big deal! All in all, we would definitely recommend this place to any of our friends and wish the owners well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Caledon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed Aug 2nd 2013 for 1 night - it was a great place - very clean and owners are exceptionally friendly - opened the windows and slept like little kids in the fresh air .. all you can hear is the water and the birds in the morning - will be venturing back on our next visit out east.
Our room had a perfect view of the cove and enjoyed our wine right on the rocks outside - a great place to stay and really relax - extremely welcoming owners !! thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Clifty Cove Motel while in Indian Harbor.
The Motel room was very clean and had a great view out the back window which you can leave open to hear the waves right outside the room.
The owners were very friendly accommodating and helpful!
We would recommend this motel and appreciate the hospitality we received!

• Stayed July 2013
Espanola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I and another couple stayed the Clifty Cove one night on our East Coast vacation. The owners were extremely kind and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed the little red campfire in a can that the owner set up for us despite the rain. Thank you so much!! The rooms were super clean, beds were comfy and the view is fantastic. Very close to Peggy's Cove and the memorial site for Swiss Air flight 111. We wish we'd had more time to stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Watervliet, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here 32 years ago with my parents when I was 12. I loved it then and I loved it there now. Nice, clean room. Nice view The owners were friendly and helpful. I loved talking to them. They were very helpful even before my arrival making suggestions and answering questions by phone and email. Enjoyed talking them while I was there. I loved my room and the view. Loved being close to Peggy's Cove and the lighthouse which was just down the road. I wish I could have stayed longer especially since the sun didn't make an appearance until the day I was checking out. I will be back again and I hope next time mother nature decides to be a bit more kind.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had the privilege of staying at the Clifty Cove last night and wish I had stayed longer! My mom and I were in Nova Scotia on vacation and decided to explore what was west of Halifax. We were lucky enough to stumble on the Clifty Cove. The owners were incredibly kind and suggested a great restaurant up the road for us. The motel itself is definitely older but the rooms have been beautifully updated. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms completely modern. We were able to fall asleep listening to the waves, it was amazing. They also have a spot behind the motel where you can sit and enjoy the views. The price was also very reasonable. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Phenomenal view, clean room, exceptionally friendly managers. Exceptional price as well. Would definitely return. Although older vintage hotel, rooms were updated. Great location & proximity to Peggy's Cove. Real East Coast Charm.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Indian Harbour
Big Lake Motel
Big Lake Motel
#1 of 1 in Big Lake

Been to Clifty Cove Motel? Share your experiences!