“Had a good stay”
Review of Ash Grove Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barry's Bay
Ash Grove Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Barry's Bay
Brighton, Canada
“Had a good stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I was in the area for work and spent the night at the Ash Grove Inn , check in was fast and easy , took about 3 or 4 mins . I stayed in what they refer to as a standard room , it was a standard room like most places , 2 queen size beds , tv , larger than normal bar fridge ( which was nice ) , air conditioning , 2 chairs to sit in and read the local newspaper .... ect ect .

The room was clean , the only problem I could really comment on is the toilet had a water leak behind it and rather than fix it , it had some small towels on the floor behind the toilet to soak up the water , not sure how long it had been like that , but it was no big deal and by no means was it a bad leak , seemed to be just a slow leak . Another thing that bugged me was there was no coffee machine in the room , and as a early riser , it would have been nice to have a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up , because the area is beautiful , quite and really peaceful , and the motel over looks a nice lake .

The restaurant doesn't open till 730 am , this is another downer for me , because I need to head out pretty early for work and would have liked to eaten a bit earlier , so I could get my work day underway .

The food i had for breakfast was the hungry mans breakfast , 3 eggs , toast , hashbrowns , sausage , ham and bacon , it was good , cant complain .

All in all , I would recommend staying here , the price is right , service is great and it is a good place to stay .

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Gelaas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Overnightwd here after a day at Algonquin Park. Very cozy, comfortable, and clean. Really liked the chairs and tables in front of each unit, it made visiting with our "neighbors" a pleasurable experience.

Only complaint (minor) is that the A/C unit petered out by morning. Luckily it wasn't too hot when we were there.

Great location across from the lake, nice to sit out and watch the sunset. Location is about a mile out of town, far enough to. be away from the noise, but close enough to easily run errands. There's a beach nearby to take the kids to. WiFi signal is strong.

The owners seem to take a lot of pride in the upkeep, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank f220
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I've been to Ash Grove a few times now and I still like it, which is good.

They don't seem to use an air freshener, which is good.

For breakfast I always have the breakfast wrap with home fries and a slice of ham for $9.50 because it's good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank just m
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed for several days in one of the luxury suites in the summer. The unit was very clean and comfortable with a large jacuzzi tub and separate shower in the bath room. The area is pretty and quite nice to walk/hike in the daytime and evening. You can swim and fish in the lake. The town is nearby and has some interesting stores. We had taken the romance package which provided for 2 meals a day in the restaurant that is part of the inn and a bottle of wine each night.

There is a good variety of items for breakfast and dinner; and the food is fresh, properly prepared, flavourful and plentiful. I would pass on the bottles of wine....although the brands are not cheap at the LCBO, they just are not my favourite types.

It is a quiet setting with friendly and helpful staff. Having travelled extensively in Eastern Ontario it clearly is a Jewel in the Valley. We will stay there again.....book early as the rooms go quickly.
Romance Package is a solid value....good accommodation with excellent food service.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are reasonably roomy, inexpensive but clean. Go for the suites...particularly the...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank huronhawk
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice now and both times were perfect. I stayed in the Luxury Suite both times, this suite has large bathroom with jetted tub and separate shower, bedroom and living area with 3 sided fireplace, which keeps room nice and toasty - plus mini fridge and microwave. We were here in the winter both times, and loved that the snowmobile trails were right there to make everything even easier. The restaurant was the best part though, the servers were absolutely amazing and the food to die for. Have had the steak, chicken and seafood and all were perfect. I do HIGHLY recommend Deep Fried Cheese Curds as your appetizer though, only place I know where you can find them and they are as good as they sound. Had breakfast as well both mornings and it is just as good as dinner!
I honestly couldn't recommend a better place to stay or to eat if you are just passing by. We will definitely be back again next year!

Room Tip: Any of the Luxury or Kitchen Suites are well worth your money!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Port Hope, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I booked the Ashgrove Inn for a snowmobile getaway mid week for three nights. Our package included a 'luxury suite' with breakfast and dinner. Both meals include anything on the menu.
The room was very spacious with lovely vaulted ceilings, a comfy queen bed, gas fireplace, table and chairs and a pullout couch. In the large bathroom is a fiberglass shower stall and a large jacuzzi tub. Extras included a microwave, fridge, full size coffee maker, flat screen tv, two closet spaces and a celing fan.
I did not find the decor outdated. The style is country inn, not chic city hotel. Perhaps housekeeping was a bit off that week, toothpaste on the mirror and a bit of bathtub ring lasted the whole time we were there. The room could really use a comfy chair instead of the office furniture. We found the room to be very warm.
The restaurant we found amazing, - down home country cooking. The ladies that work there are all smiling and very welcoming.
We have stayed in the nearby town of Bancroft in a chain motel and it does not even compare. We will be back to the Ashgove!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marklaur
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Decor a bit outdated but the CLEANEST room I've ever stayed in! There was not a speck of dust or a single water spot in the bathroom. Very larrge rooms. Location awesome. We were ther over Canada Day long weekend, fire works on the lake. We sat on the motel lawn to watch them... Perfect non obstructed view. Definatel be back!

• Stayed July 2011
#1 of 1 in Golden Lake
Barry's Bay Golf Resort
Barry's Bay Golf Resort
#6 of 8 in Barry's Bay

Been to Ash Grove Inn? Share your experiences!