“Hospitality - No better place”

Mountain View Motel
Mountain View Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Barry's Bay
brampton
“Hospitality - No better place”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just came back from an over night at the Mountain View Motel. May 5, 2013. Douglas and Maureen make you feel right at home. Lovely, lovely couple. Rooms are cozy and comfortable and come equipped with a coffee maker and all the fixins, wine glasses and a small fridge. Bed was comfortable and it had a TV. Two chairs right out front of your room and all rooms are non-smoking. Breakfast in the morning is made for you by Douglas and everything was delicious. We had dinner at the Wilno tavern and had the buffet for dinner. This restaurant is a must. Their perogies are the size of hockey pucks!
Any questions you may have just ask Douglas and Maureen they are more than happy to answer them and will help you in anyway they can.

I would recommend this motel in a heartbeat and will not stay anywhere else when I am in the Barry's Bay area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pamela L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed here for four nights in October, having come up to do some fall hiking in the east side of Algonquin Park. It was first time at this motel. It's run by a very lovely Scottish couple, Doug and Maureen, who are wonderful hosts and knowledgeable guides for places of interest in the area. They also cook your breakfast each morning, for a very reasonable amount. As I was by myself, I took one of the smaller rooms, which was cozy but fine. On the down side, the A/C unit in the window was the only source of air circulation, but it had a lot of dust and little bugs in it from high use over the summer. I also found the free wi-fi spotty, with the signal weakest in the evening. And on my last morning there, they temporarily ran out of hot water during my shower. But the location being on Hwy 6--but on the east side of Algonquin--can't be beat. And Doug & Maureen would do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant. All in all, if/when I go back to the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James K
kanata
Reviewed 14 October 2012

After long thought I realize I should count my blessings. At the Mountain View Motel, I had a good night sleep in a comfortable bed. My daugther also enjoy the small play structure they had.
The owners of this motel provided information about their surrounding community. Thank you for your gift of hospitality.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JosephinePC
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A decent room, with a small bathroom, that I would recommend.

They don't seem to use air fresheners even though there is no fan in the bathroom, which is good because air fresheners give me a headache. It may be that they paint their rooms regularly.

Pinewood Inn had used air fresheners when I had stayed there, likely because their rooms had wall coverings and cannot be painted regularly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank just m
Blantyre, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have recently stayed here in April 2012. The owners, Maureen and Douglas, could not have been more welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and they serve a delicious breakfast at such value for money. Whilst staying there, I would also recommend a trip to the Wilno Tavern to sample the delights of the polish cuisine that they serve (make a Tuesday for the Blues night, if nothing else- well worth a visit). We will definitely be making a return visit whenever we next go to Canada.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maureen M
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed here on April 21,2012. It was quite a nice room. Very clean. I loved the fact that there was laminate flooring it was very clean. The only issue I had was that we had to call the front desk turn on the hot water, but as soon as they flipped the switch it got too hot then it evened itself out. overall i really like this motel. Doug was very accommodating and he allowed us a later check out because it was our first time with out children! They were a very nice couple.

Room Tip: Ask for room 14! it is a beautiful room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Newark, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I headed up to the Barry's Bay area for a snowmobile trip. The first place we tried was full the second would not answer their phone and the third was the Mountain View Motel which had a cancellation so we took the room. This is why I say everything happens for a reason. After securing the room with my credit card, Maureen (one of the owners) and I continued to talk for another 15-20 minutes. I couldn't wait to meet this person. Upon arrival we were greated with a hug and a handshake. Our room was clean, warm and quiet. We ate breakfast there every morning (3 total) and one dinner and the food and conversation were amazing. The owners Doug and Maureen always made us feel right at home. In fact I saw Maureen one evening as she was headed to the store and she actually asked me if there was anything I needed from town. Now that is personal attention! We have stayed at two other places in the area over the years but I have never been compelled to comment on either one. This will be the only place we stay from now on and I can't wait until our next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Madawaska
Barry's Bay Golf Resort
Barry's Bay Golf Resort
#7 of 7 in Barry's Bay

Been to Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!