“Seven years and counting!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barry's Bay
Bevaline Cottages & Camping
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our family and extended family (parents/siblings/nephews/nieces/friends) has been travelling to Camp Bevaline for seven years and plan to continue going for many summers to come. We love the hospitality Roy, Diane and Roy's father (he has a trailer there for the season and helps out all summer) provide to us. They all go beyond the call of duty and are wonderful with the kids. We have experienced different campgrounds and cottage rentals since we were youngsters and no spot has ever provided us with free barbecues, free fire wood, the free use of kayaks, paddle boats, and canoes. We were amazed that all of this was included in the very affordable/reasonable rate at Camp Bevaline. They have a volleyball net, a play ground for the children and Roy the owner provides a trailer ride for the children each night with treats!! The children rush to finish their supper because they can't wait for the trailer ride. Roy and Diane have beatutifully updated and renovated all but two cottages to this point but plan to continue updating and renovating the last two in the near future. The renovated cottages are clean and bright with new windows, flooring, furniture etc. They now provide linens (sheets and blankets) to their clientele which is also included in the weekly rate. The cottages all overlook the water and they each have their own fire pit for story telling, singing and roasting marshmallows for smores. The lake has a gradual sandy slope which is great for young children and a raft further out for the older kids to jump off of. It is a quiet lake, lots of cottages around it but not a lot of boat traffic. We love this for water-skiing/tubing or fishing. The cottages are located approximately 5 to 10 minutes from Barry's Bay making it very convenient to travel into town for whatever you may need. (gas/groceries/shopping, etc.) I could go on and on but I think you get the picture, we LOVE it at Camp Bevaline and the kids have always loved it there too!! The people make you want to return year after year! Thank you Roy and Diane for all your generousity!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here 2 years in a row. Originally stayed at a different cottage resort down the road and were not impressed. We wanted to stay another night in Barry's Bay so we were looking for a place to stay. We called up Roy and Diane and luckily they had a cancellation and could accommodate us. We LOVED it here. Such a great location. You get the sun all day, and get such a beautiful sunset in evening. Roy came and provided us with complementary firewood, so we had a fire every night and overlooked the lake. It is so quiet and peaceful. We took out the canoe and kayaks and paddled out to an island where we were able to tie the boats off and explore. The next time we went up we brought our fishing poles there and my boyfriend caught a fish his second cast!
Roy and his team take such good care of you and their facility. Always asking if they can do something for you and making sure your happy. They go above and beyond to ensure you have everything you need.
You won't find a better place, nicer people and you can't beat the price!
My boyfriend and I are already making plans for next summer, and perhaps even the fall!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience every time!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Emily16C
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent place to get away from the city and enjoy some cottage camping. The cottages come with a bathroom, one or two bedrooms, kitchen, and living/dining room. It's right beside a lake so if you enjoy canoeing/kayaking it's the perfect place to go. It's located about 10 minutes outside Barry's Bay, so you don't have to go too far if you need extra supplies. Don't forget to pack groceries and sheets for the bed, as well as anything you might bring to the cottage. The owner is a really nice guy and he lives there all year round with his wife and daughter, so they can answer all your questions about the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The owners are amazing!! Soo friendly....the grounds are incredible, the cottages are clean and spacious...they are close to the beach which is amazing for swimming, the bottom is so sandy... The lake is so clean and beautiful.... It's a hidden gem... I am definitely going back!!! I live in cottage country and would leave my place just to spend a week here at Bevaline..... I am recommending this place to everyone!!!!
On top of all of it, they hosted my wedding... Was an amazing venue.... They really made it a perfect day..... They went above and beyond! Really, really great people.... Beautiful landscapes! The whole wedding was soo stress free because of the environment, the owners are laid back and compassionate, about their guests at the cottages... If you are browsing this page, just call them up book your stay and you will see the memory's and experiences you will have from here.... The fishing is good, water sports, camping, campfires that go till late in the night.... Soo wonderful I will remember my stay there for the rest of my life :) :) Bevaline Cottages will always have a spot in my heart - THANK YOU DIANE AND ROY for everything!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had the pleasure of Djing a wedding at this resort! the owners of this property were very friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond what I've experienced at other venues!
The resort itself is beautiful! I will be booking a cabin there for a nice vacation soon and so should you!
DJ Kitty Funk

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Came for a friend wedding, I'll be back to bring my family and visiting relatives for decades to come!
Thanks so much Roy and pretty lady! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly V
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My fiance and I had our stag and doe in Barry's Bay and most of my friends and family had to travel. We were greeted by the friendly owners who made sure our cottages were stocked with wood and they were to our liking. They were very accommodating to us and knew all our names when we arrived. The cottages were beautiful. Brand new renovated with a rustic feel, brand new appliances, new fixtures, new furniture, and they were CLEAN! The lake is at your front steps and I could see the kids swimming from my kitchen area. There were docks, boats, play structures for the kids and a beautiful beach in front of the cottages. Definitely the BEST cottages I've stayed in, and way more than I was expecting, especially for the price. Everyone had a great time and many of my family members plan on returning for a vacation. I appreciate great customer service and am happy to spread the word!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family