“Highly Recomended”

Ranked #1 of 3 Barry's Bay B&B and Inns
Mississauga, Canada
“Highly Recomended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We spent the beautiful time in this nice and very comfortable place. The big room, excellent breakfasts and dinners, and fresh air around us make our weekend memorable. Nice atmosphere, and gracious host caused that we already miss this place.
Thank you Nancy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
So kind. You are right about the air. It is one on the things I love most about the valley. Hope you can come and visit again soon and resume my wild mushroom lessons!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great stop along the RAP tour - direct access to RAP trail.

Spent one night and ate 2 meals. The accomodations were clean, cozy and quaint. The food was fantastic!!! I'd stop in to eat if I didn't spend the night for sure!

My wife and I will definitely be making this our stopover for this leg of the RAP.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
It has been so hot this week that thinking of winter and our snowmobiling guests was a great respite. I'm glad you liked it! Warwick was the president of our club for years so we always love looking after our sledders. It will be that time of year again in a blink of an eye. Thanks so much for posting your thoughts.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have stayed in over 50 B&Bs throughout my travels. Everything was great about this place from the rooms, very kind hosts and OMG the food...it was 5 star quality but with reasonable prices. I look forward to going back!

Room Tip: all rooms are great but if you have one with a pull out sofa bed that you plan on using, the pull ou...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Warwick and I work very hard to make our guests stay a positive experience. So when someone takes the time to tell us and everyone else that it is working, it means a great deal. We know our efforts are appreciated and that makes all the difference. Thank you so much.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Just finished a wonderful nights stay at the inn. The breakfast was excellent, unfortunately we were unable to stay for dinner but the menu looks fantastic. Bob (from Buffalo NY) who I think is a regular guest assures me that it is worth a trip back just to try out the cuisine. Nancy was a gracious host and the rooms are clean and quaint.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thanks so much Gord. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope you had a relaxing day roaming the back roads of the valley and touring the caves. Come see us again sometime when you can enjoy Warwick's dinner menu.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We just spent two days taking a course learning how to canoe in white water and it was an amazing treat to stay at this lovely property. The Inn is warm, charming, inviting, and super clean. Nancy is an amazing hostess and made us feel welcomed and cared for. Having a full menu to choose from for dinner was truly a pleasant surprise and the meals were excellent. I highly recommend staying here if you are ever in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sun Room and loved it.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is so very much appreciated when people take the time to do this. What a beautiful weekend it was for your canoe adventure. I'm sure Sunday proved to be as much fun as Saturday and that your drive home was a safe one. Please come and see us again soon.
Gravenhurst, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was very nice.
I did hear there was a hottub after our visit so perhaps it was not operational at the time.
Friendly but not too frienedly that it is invasive.
Just about right.
Recomended!
Accomodated special needs regarding our bills.
Bed was very comfortable. Slept like log.
Walked the trails after dinner and that was fun.
Short Ribs to die for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Hot tub is absolutely operational. We have it written up in the information booklets in the rooms but
I guess you didn't get a chance to read that. Sorry you missed it but so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We enjoyed having you with us too and hopefully on your next trip to Barry's Bay you will get a chance for a nice soak!
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We were on a 3 day trip and stayed with them for one night.
We were welcomed warmly by Nancy and had a lovely and comfortable room.
Our night included dinner so we chose from a list of about 8 appetizers and a similar number of entrees.
I had an amazing samosa with peach cutney and my wife had a house salad. The samosa was probably the best I've had and we have many good Indian restaurants here in the GTA.
I had a penne with tomato basil sauce with black olives and feta cheese and my wife had pickerel. Both were outstanding.
We would definitely come back again and I can't say enough good things about the food and the warm welcome we received..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
What a lovely review. Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Hope you are able to join us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barry's Bay
#2 of 7 in Barry's Bay
Madawaska Lodge
Madawaska Lodge
#1 of 4 in Madawaska

Been to Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn? Share your experiences!