“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Barry's Bay B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The food, the service, and the location are all 5 stars!!!! We travelled via snowmobile to Madawaska, and after a days travelling Nancy & Warwick were more than helpful and welcoming, even calling a friend to assist us with snowmobile troubles. The dinner was amazing, the hot tub was an interesting experience in -30 temps, but felt wonderful. The rooms were clean and spacious. There are no negatives to report except the temperature. Thank you to Nancy and Warwick for a wonderful weekend, and to their dear friend who allowed us to continue our fabulous weekend on the trails.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I'm so glad everything worked out. You folks were awfully stressed when you got here, sled troubles and a plummeting thermometer. Nasty. We were very lucky that Dave was still around that late on a Saturday to assist. You were a different group by the time dinner was served. Glad to be able to help you relax! Thanks for taking the time to review us. It is greatly appreciated in todays busy world.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My girl friend and I had planned a weekend stay at the inn to go snowmobiling, we were coming from whitby so it was a 3 hour drive for us. The location was extremely convenient being right off of the highway and on the snowmobile trail. The rooms was very warm and comfortable. Both owners were eager to please and accommodate us in any way they could. The food was home made and absolutely delicious. Service was impeccable. Our snowmobile broke down on the trail the first day about 2 kms from the inn, I hitched a ride back to speak with owner about situation. He ended up without hesitation lending me his skidoo and giving me tools to pull my sled back to the inn. We were both blown away by how friendly and helpful both of the inn owners were. Prices were fair and we still had a wonderful weekend regardless of our breakdown, thanks mostly to the great husband and wife owners of this wonderful inn. We will definitely be going back as soon as possible and I recommend this inn to everyone.

• Stayed December 2013
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
So glad you were still able to enjoy your getaway. It's so annoying when the machines in our lives let us down and we do what we can to help when this occurs. Thanks very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It means a lot to us. Nancy and Warwick
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recommend this inn to anybody. The rooms are clean and quaint, and the owners are very welcoming and lovely people. My first time travelling by myself, and they made my experience a great one. My only regret was that I didn't try the food, but I bought a jar of jam made by the owners from their store and it's the best jam I ever had. :)

Room Tip: I stayed in the Oak Room and it's a great room for one person, or even two people. I suggest you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Glad your experience was so positive. It was lovely to meet you and glad you like your jam!! Hope we will see you again when you are in the neighbourhood.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Nice people, clean and comfortable rooms. I was just there for one night, for a wedding, but I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend. Breakfast was great and had multiple options, more importantly it was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others. It is so helpful and we are always touched when people take the time to do this. Hope we can be of service again some time.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

You will love not only the surroundings of this Inn but also the owners. Lovely people that did everything they could to accommodate our family (and last minute visitors arriving from out of Province) without a flinch. The grounds and rooms are lovely and the food is fantastic. We would definitely recommend staying at the Madawaska Valley Inn....and you can't forget about the family cats - quite the entertainers and very friendly - loved the whole experience!

Room Tip: The Hudson Bay room is huge - if you are travelling as a family...we also booked the Oak Room - love...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thanks Jennifer. You have such a lovely family it was our pleasure.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My sister and I recently had the good fortune to stay at Fortune's Madawaska for a night en route to a canoe trip in Algonquin Park. It could not have been a better place to spend the night. Our room was very comfortable, clean and had a great view of the fields across the road and the Inn's garden. The price of the room was very reasonable too. Nancy, one of the owners, was welcoming and great to talk to. We had a great dinner and breakfast at the Inn--the food was delicious and the drinks were great. We also loved the bouquets of flowers fresh from Nancy's garden that adorned the Inn. As we left for our trip, my sister and I pledged to each other that we would be back in future years.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
It was great having you stay with us and hearing about your adventure. Thanks so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have stopped here for a meal for the past 4 years. Whether it has been just my wife and I or our family the service has been excellent and the food great. The menu was varied and complete. We will certainly visit again on our next visit to Barry's Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thanks Brian, that's music to our ears.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barry's Bay
#2 of 7 in Barry's Bay
Madawaska Lodge
Madawaska Lodge
#1 of 4 in Madawaska

Been to Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn? Share your experiences!