We visited White Pine Shores in July 2013.
So, if you want to relax in a beautiful setting with absolutely NO distraction other than black flies and nightly star shows this is the place.
I titled this review A work in progress because the hotel is just that.
Accomodations: The rooms are clean and a good size. Apparently the rooms on the upper levels are the better choices. Bed was comfortable.
Food: The meals served at the hotel are good of the homemade variety. I recommend ordering the Table d'hôte. Simple but good and even better because you dont have to cook it!!!
Service: The foyer of this hotel is grand. Lots of comfy sofas to relax in and watch the world go by! You will be greeted by a smile at White Pine Shores! Every attempt will be made to accomodate you. We had a quite interesting talk with Ken, a friend of the owner who manages the place on weekends. Much work has already been done to revamp the hotel and the work is obviously on going. The interior pool was filled with water but I dont think it was yet open to the public. There are a few cottages for rent near the lake. You can benefit from a small beach area and this is but a short distance from the hotel (10 minute walk). They were clearing a large area adjacent to the hotel where they will be putting up more cottages or real estate. Dont remember which. We did not hear any construction noise during our stay. Actually, we heard NO noise at all.. Quiet to the max!!!
Activities: The golf course. Well, again it is a work in progress. My husband played a few times. There are some picturesque and challenging holes. The greens are ok.
We feel this hotel is a place to stay mid-trip between destinations. I would not stay a week. You also need to go at least 15k in both directions to get to civilisation!..
So, we appreciate the efforts the hotel is making. Good direction might bring the place to its full potential and we sincerely hope for this to happen.
Thank you White Pine Shores and thank you Ken for the interesting conversations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Benoir Lake, the year-round Nomi Resort & Community is surrounded by forests and hiking trails. Whether you are looking for a place to hike, snow shoe, or cross-country ski you can find an experience that resonates with you. Nomi Resort has a beautiful recreational trail that offers a wide range of activities through a variety of landscapes -rural and wilderness, along greenways, creeks, ponds and roadways. True to its beauty, the trail embodies the vastness of our terrain and the diversity of the property. The resort is an hour's drive away from the Algonquin Park’s East Gate and just 1.9 miles from access to Algonquin’s Highfalls trail, Kingscote Lake and the Haliburton ATV Club’s trails. Known for our amazing specialties, enjoy a tasteful culinary experience in our restaurant, bar/ lounge ‘LANDS850’. The name LANDS850 represents our picturesque 850 acres of land surrounding the resort with our active space of trails, exploring, sporting and the promotion of our restaurant ingredients for daily produce and herbs for our signature dishes - from our land into our kitchen. Enjoy a nice day at the lake and rent a Canoe or Paddle Boat to explore the tranquil beauty of the nearby Benoir Lake. Guests are encouraged to bring fishing gear to use on Nomi Resort's private beach and dock. Nomi Resort & Wellness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Nomi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinwood Golf And Country Club Resort
- Martinwood Golf & Country Club Hotel Harcourt
- Martinwood Hotel Harcourt