We were offered a really cheap stay on the weekend of January 17th, or 18th and for the price I was not expecting too much, but wanted to get away for some peace and quiet anyway. The place was very clean and Lori who looks after pretty much everything there was fantastic. The room was a lot nicer than I expected. It was a good size and a very comfortable bed. Nice flat screen TV with satellite, but ended up just watching Netflix with their great free wi-fi that worked great. The TV had an HDMI input so could just plug the laptop into it and watch on the big screen.
The only thing lacking in the room was a fridge, but I did see other rooms with one so could of requested one I guess. Looked at some of their other rooms and was blown away at the one suite they had it was huge and had separate sitting area. Would love to stay in this one sometime on a return trip! Lori had recommended a great restaurant called The South Algonquin cookhouse which is just down the road and it was amazing. One of the best meals I've had. Their prime rib and soup of the day is all home made, just like Mom makes! I'm sure that the dinner would of also been great at White Pine as the breakfast buffet was wonderful. Lots of great items to choose from and so much that you didn't have to worry about coming late and missing any. Of course Lori offered to make more for anyone that needed it, but everyone was satisfied. I would suggest that maybe you offer some snow shows or cross country skis for your guests or have snow mobile rentals available through a supplier as that would make it that more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Benoir Lake, the year-round Nomi Resort & Community is surrounded by forests and hiking trails. Whether you are looking for a place to hike, snow shoe, or cross-country ski you can find an experience that resonates with you. Nomi Resort has a beautiful recreational trail that offers a wide range of activities through a variety of landscapes -rural and wilderness, along greenways, creeks, ponds and roadways. True to its beauty, the trail embodies the vastness of our terrain and the diversity of the property. The resort is an hour's drive away from the Algonquin Park’s East Gate and just 1.9 miles from access to Algonquin’s Highfalls trail, Kingscote Lake and the Haliburton ATV Club’s trails. Known for our amazing specialties, enjoy a tasteful culinary experience in our restaurant, bar/ lounge ‘LANDS850’. The name LANDS850 represents our picturesque 850 acres of land surrounding the resort with our active space of trails, exploring, sporting and the promotion of our restaurant ingredients for daily produce and herbs for our signature dishes - from our land into our kitchen. Enjoy a nice day at the lake and rent a Canoe or Paddle Boat to explore the tranquil beauty of the nearby Benoir Lake. Guests are encouraged to bring fishing gear to use on Nomi Resort's private beach and dock. Nomi Resort & Wellness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Nomi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinwood Golf And Country Club Resort
- Martinwood Golf & Country Club Hotel Harcourt
- Martinwood Hotel Harcourt