The good -
There are 2 fabulous golf courses on site, with excellent practice facilities. There is a nice pool with an excellent view of the Brudenelle River.
PEI is such a wonderful relaxing place.
We golfed with a local who told us to go to the processing plant in Georgetown ( about 10 minutes away) to buy cooked and de-shelled lobster. We did and OMG for $25 dollars we got like 4 lobster tails with the claw meat were able to heat up some butter in the microwave in the room and have a lobster FEAST ! WE had a nice brunch on the weekend at the resort
( available weekends only) and we had breakfast room service once, restaurant take out once and dinner once. Nothing outstanding but it was OK.
There are however 2 great restaurants in Georgetown. One by the water on a deck and one of more fine dining.
Montague is the closest largest town with more restaurants, food stores and laundry mat. ( the laundry mat is just as you come into the town in a little strip mall on the left)
The bad -
We booked a Junior Suite and for whatever reason we thought this would be an actual suite. Instead what we got was a room with a bed, and a partial partition that sort of separated where the couch and desk were. We asked for a golf course view, which we were given, but what we really got was a driving range view, as we were on the main floor. And don't forget about the noise from the maintenance ground crew who have to mow the area starting at 6:30 am and then fill the golf balls up at the driving range... a bit early for us to be woken up. So wouldn't recommend a main floor golf view.. The other views we think were of the pool area.
The ugly -
Where to start?
1.My husband called 1st to get a nightly rate, and he was given a price. I called about 3 days later, and was given a price $30.00 MORE per night.. I told the reservation agent about this, and he simply said... well that will work too........ So while we got the $30.00 less rate per night... made you wonder what type of place we were dealing with.
2. Then we were told because we were staying more than 7 days that we would receive some free nights. Terrific..we thought.
Until we checked in... there was no record of this, but the lady at the reception went into the back room and when she came out she had us sign for our nightly rate, with 3 nights missing.. so we were OK with this.
3. BUT when we were ready to check out we decided to ask for our pre-bill and lo and behold.. once again, we were being charged for all nights.. and no free nights.. had another conversation with the reception lady, and she went into the back room, and came back with a new bill with 3 nights free... Don't know what goes on in that back room.... but it must be magical.
4. Then there is their housekeeping policy. Because we were staying for more than 7 days, we had some "relaxing days" and put up the do not disturb sign. Twice we had the housekeeping staff phone us and wake us up in the afternoon to say they needed to check with us to see if we needed anything before they could go home... Are you kidding me??? We said we didn't want to be disturbed... If you need to disturb us then DON"T have the signs available.The resort really needs to address this.
5. We went to the spa for massages as part of our stay. Guess this may be our fault.. but.. we do massages many times a year at different places in North America, and NEVER have we EVER had to ask if the therapists were licensed. Well at the resort they aren't, and therefore, we spent the $270.00 but aren't able to get a receipt for income tax or health care purposes... Not a good surprise to have.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Rodd Brudenell River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Brudenell River Hotel Georgetown
- Rodd Brudenell River Cardigan