Rodd Brudenell River Resort
The Inn at St. Peters(Saint Peters Bay)
US$201
  • Pool
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$242
US$169
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$235
US$209
  • Pool
US$205
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$143
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
US$65
All reviewsgolf courserodd brudenellthe cottagesgreat golfindoor poolwest wingbeautiful spotplaying golffamily vacationpro shopbeautiful groundsoff seasontwo coursesminute drivepractice areapool sideringette tournament
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had a double room on the ground floor which was comfortable though not luxurious. There is a coffee maker in the room, no mini fridge. The outside pool was welcome on a hot day, well supplied with towels, lounge chairs & umbrellas. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nearby are playgrounds, horse trails and rentals, a croquet court and lots of walking, cycling paths and the golf course as well.From here it's a 10 min drive to Montaque if you need any supplies and about 5 min to the lobster supper in nearby Cardigan.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen L
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed 4 days in a 2 bedroom cottage, and played 5 rounds on Brudenell, Dundarave (2) and Crowbush. The stay and play package was outstanding. Easy to get around, as Crowbush is only a 40 minute drive. Local restaurants in Montague, Georgetown and Cardigan were only 10 munites away. The cottage was very comfortable and met all expectations. Staff we exceptionally helpful and went out their way to make us feel special. The art of customer service is alive and well at Brudenell River resort.

Room Tip: Cottages are very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our facility. I will definitely share your comments with all the members of team. We take great pride in providing great customer service. Thank you once again for taking the time.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed for three nights at the beginning of July 2013. The resort is set in an awesome location in the Brudenell Provincial Park. It is a quiet, relaxing place to stay with great walking trails and nice peaceful views. We did not Golf so I cannot comment on the course although the grounds appeared to be well cared for. Staff were friendly and helpful. We only ate once at the restaurant in the clubhouse (breakfast) and it was fantastic ! Great service from the restaurant staff which felt very genuine. The food we had was fresh and perfectly cooked. We should have had breakfast every morning as our other experiences at local eateries were not nearly as good.

We paid a very reasonable rate for all three nights and felt we received good value for our stay. I should comment though that if our room had more comfortable beds, a mini fridge and a larger nicer washroom I would have been happy to pay more than we did. The beds felt cheap, small and somewhat stiff.

Overall for the rate we paid I would recommend this resort ($105 -$120 per night). The location is relaxing and out of the usual path of hordes of tourists. I would like to see a few upgrades to the rooms and some of the lobby and outdoor decking and would be happy to pay more and would probably stay longer than three nights. I stayed at a Rodd property in Moncton in early June and the beds were far more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our guest comments are extremely important to us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to all the members of our team as well as senior management. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The resort is located in a dream spot- quiet, bucolic, restful. I am not a golfer so I can't comment on the the course, but it looked nice to the untrained eye.Our servers were great, and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I didn't eat in the restaurant- our food was served in the meeting room.
The hotel is nice, but with some refreshments it could be great. I'd start with the bedding and the decking. The decking between the east and west wing felt needs to be redone. The bed was comfortable, but not "heavenly". A great bed is part of the appeal of staying at a hotel, so when I would rather have my own sheets and pillows I feel a bit let down.
On the plus side, the room was spotless, and the shower had very good water pressure.

Room Tip: I was facing the golf course and it was very quiet for sleeping
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our facility. We take all of our reviews seriously and I will share your comments with our staff and senior management. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The service at front desk and restaurants was friendly and eager to please. Food was better than average and affordable.
A few disappointments: the main building and rooms need refreshing, considering the price and value expected from a chain resort. The decoration is outdated and so are the room amenities: old small TV, no mini-fridge, etc. The tennis equipment was beyond worn out and the rentals (bicycle, kayak..) were unavailable, even if the premises were very busy due to numerous business meetings. Spa massages were already sold out for the weekend when we arrived on wednesday.

Room Tip: Main building rooms are deceiving in terms of amenities and deco, but offer a nice view from the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. I have complimented our staff on your remarks regarding service and food quality and I will speak to our senior management regarding your comments on our finishes. Again thank you for taking the time to complete a review.