“Great food, amazing price”
Review of Carol's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, amazing price”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had the beef and fish steak burgers with 6 rum punch's and 2 large pieces of amazing carrot cake for 100EC. Really nice food, freshly made, very local feel and prices. One of the best lunches we had on the island, perhaps helped by the deceptively strong rum punch.

Visited April 2014

Sevenoaks
“Cakes were divine”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I wish I hadn't eaten so many of your delicious cakes Carol because my clothes feel so tight now. Bread was lovely too. We will stay with you next time at The Jacoway Inn!

• Visited March 2014
Saint Andrews, Canada
“great food”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Managed to eat at this café several times while on holiday. The food was always perfect. Salads fresh and delicious. Breads so good. Spinach quiche the best I have ever tasted. The bakery goods awesome. Did not have one bad meal. Carol was friendly and entertaining.

• Visited February 2014
St. Stephen, Canada
“Absolutely the best food in Calibishie!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

You must try Carol's Cafe while in Dominica! The lunch menu is simple but each choice is tastefully prepared. The fresh tuna and the homemade tartar sauce were the best I have tasted. This is the absolute best choice for lunch in Calibishie.

Visited February 2014
Portsmouth, Dominica
“Jewel in Calibishie”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was lucky to meet Carol Ann at her Café in the village of Calibishie. She is a chef from Vancouver who has brought her high standards many talents island side. The café is right on the main road in the middle of the village. I was lucky to see her, as her husband, Nicky, is often at the café while Carol Ann tends to her Jacoway Inn and cooks for her patrons there. The bread is healthy and fresh and amazing and baked fresh. I have tried her key lime pie whose secret ingredient is fresh butter and limes and I know I should try some other dishes, and I will, it's just that that hamburger/cheeseburger she makes has to be the best on the island and at a moderate price point. Walking on the long beaches of Calibishie can be tiring. It's so nice to have Carol's Café right there when I want to rest in the shade with a drink and a delicious dessert, or bring friends to Carol's for a hearty lunch. Thank you Carol and Nicky. You make this village a greater place.

• Visited January 2014