“Will stay again”

Hotel Century Plaza
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I liked my stay in Santiago, and staying the this hotel ended up being a good choice. It's quiet at night as peaceful. The food is good, ad they have a good breakfast buffet. The town is also beautiful and it's people are great.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Aviate037

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed for a week at this hotel October 2012. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms a little small but clean and with all your needs met. They even have a basket on the refrigerator with small items that you don't think to pack but even up needing such as a razor, needle and thread, etc. The rooms are clean and the air conditioning is great considering the hot weather there. I love that it is energy efficient so that the air conditioner comes on when you use your card to come in and turns off when you leave the room with your card. The restaurant that is part of the hotel is excellent. The food is very good. They have live entertainment on Fridays and some music for dancing on Saturdays. Definitely a hotel that I will stay at next time in Santiago.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NYCGirl13
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Century Plaza. The pluses are an excellent restaurant and bar with outside patio, attentive front desk personnel who speak English and breakfast included. Although the hotel is not in the city center its is a short cab ride away. My only critique is the small standard room but the Suite is huge. Overall this is my favorite economy hotel in Santiago and has many features of more expensive hotels in Santiago with a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you can afford the upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank santiagoguy
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Not a bad little hotel if you like claustrophobic rooms, noisy air conditioners, and don't mind having your personal property stolen.
I bought some perfume for my wife and left the shopping bag in the room when I checked out. When I called a half hour later they sent some up to look for it. They found the bag, but it was empty. I don't have it, so who does?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank PungisSunob
Reviewed 18 June 2011

From Panama I went to Santo Domingo and found that my two bags were missing. Since mine was last flight the staff was minimum at the airport.

Since I could not speak Spanish had trouble to explain to the airport authority. They did register my complaint and assured me that they will deliver my baggage to any place in Dominican Republic.

I had my regular taxi driver who came to pick me at the airport dropped me to the Hotel Century Plaza at Santiago. It was around 2 hours journey.

I reached to hotel around 2 am and the reception desk welcomed me cheerfully. The person at the reception counter could speak fluent English.

I explained my situation to the reception so he took the photocopy of my complaint and assured me that the day staff will follow up with the airport authority.

The day staff at reception also speak fluent English and made regular follow up with the airport authority. On third day I got my baggage, thanks to all efforts of the staff.

The room was good, bed was excellent. 24 hour hot water, the entire staff was helpful.

The food at restaurant was excellent, the only problem was they could not speak English, but again reception desk played good role in explaining them what I want to eat..

Overall I had wonderful stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank Sameer V
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed here one night. We arrived late, and check in was easy. I am unsure if the people at the reception desk spoke english, since our daughter who speaks spanish took care of everything for us. The room was nothing spectacular, but it was clean. The air conditioning worked well. My only negative comment is that the lighting was overhead and very dim. It was difficult to read. The bathroom was clean, but when you turned on the shower, the shower head popped off, spraying all over the place. We had to just hand hold it ,because it wouldn't stay mounted in the bracket.
I would stay here again, it was clean, and we felt safe.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happyinhawaii
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I was greeted by friendly staff that spoke fluent english. They advised me of the great places to travel and sites to see. This is a newer hotel. The rooms were very clean. They offered free breakfast in the connecting restaurant. I enjoyed my stay and I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple