Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aloha Sol Hotel(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Matum Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Average 3/5
Aparta Hotel Jardines Metropolitanos(Santiago de los Caballeros)
  • Breakfast included
Platino Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Very Good 4/5
Hodelpa Gran Almirante Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Los Jardines(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Very Good 4/5
Hodelpa Garden Court(Santiago de los Caballeros)
  • Pool
Camp David(Santiago de los Caballeros)
Average 3/5
    All reviewshodelpa centro plazafront deskdominican republicwalking distancebooked this hotelgreat friendly staffreturn ridepizza hutstreet noisean upgradeexcellent serviceel grantook great caretraditional dominican foodplace to staywelcome drinknice stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for 4 days in March. They offer free shuttle pickup at airport and free wifi (some good areas in hotel and some weak). The staff was exceptional and attentive. Since I do not speak spanish, they even spoke to people on the phone for me that did not speak english. Unfortunately, I fell and tore my hamstring. However, when I got to the hotel the staff helped me greatly. They insisted the night I fell to go to the emergency room, I was stubborn. To make a long story short, I went in the morning to the ER and the hotel allowed me to stay until the night for a late flight home only charging a minimal fee. They physical came to my room to assit me in getting outside for a cab to the ER. I highly recommend this hotel. The only minor thing wrong with my room (502) was the location of the toilet paper in the bathroom, it is hard to reach. I noticed from photos of other rooms it is located better. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
    1  Thank Irving k
    hoteleshodelpa, Ecommerce Manager at Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Mr.Irbing

It´s a misfortune you got hurt during your stay but we are so overjoyed that our staff took good care of you and made the best of your stay regardless. Regarding the toilet paper location, we will take a look at room 502 to make it more comfortable for our customers.
    We were very glad we had the honor of having you as a guest and will be waiting to serve you again on your next visit.

Kind Regards,
    Mariel Polanco

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a perfect business hotel with restaurant on site. It is located close the shopping streets of downtown Santiago and two blocks from the Historic site Fortaleza de San Luis. The Monument is within walking distance( 10 blocks) also, however for just $3 it would be easy to take a taxi almost anywhere. I even was able to get a taxi to the Coast (Sosua) for $70. The room comes with a reasonably priced mini bar. The Vista Restaurant on site had great ethnic food and served good drinks. The pasta dish( spaghetti carbonara) that I ordered was not prepared very well, so I recommend ordering only ethnic Dominican food at the restaurant. Breakfast was also included in the price of the room daily. WiFi was high speed without interruption and if you didn't bring your own PC, there is a business center available for internet use. I felt very comfortable and safe at this hotel and would stay here again. Two banks ( Popular and Scotia) are adjacent to the hotel. McDonalds and Pizza Hut are also just a block a way if you desire fast food. Beware there are not many economic hotels in the Business (non-touristic) city of Santiago. Recommend if you are not in Santiago for business, head straight to the coast and have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    2  Thank Easylivingtravel
    hoteleshodelpa, Ecommerce Manager at Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mr.Easylivingtravel

Thank you for choosing the Hodelpa Centro Plaza during your visit in Santiago and for your wonderful review. We are very proud to be rated above average and will make it a point to congratulate our associates. We are certainly very pleased you enjoyed our typical dishes at our Vista Restaurant and we would like to assure that on your next visit the pasta carbonara will be as enjoyable as the rest of our dishes. Once again thank you for the feedback provided which is very important for us.
    We look forward to serving again you in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Mariel Polanco

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during easter weekend, it was my first time I was impressed about the hotel. Great location, entertainment available around the hotel tge rooms were decent and comfortable.

Breakfast buffet was really good they had plenty of options for everybody.

Definitely a good place to go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank gabymax
    Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed here as part of a University trip over Spring Break. The hotel was nicely located for our students as they could walk easily to a market to buy souvenirs as well as a grocery store. There was a good ice cream place across the street and the restaurants we ate at for dinner were all within 10 minutes walking distance. The breakfast buffet was very good and we loved the fresh juices!

We were supposed to eat dinner here every night, but the service was so slow we opted not to eat here. Dinner took about 1.5 hours to arrive and by the time we left almost 3 hours had gone by, way too long. The wifi was never really working for our students unless you went to the lobby.

As one of the trip leaders and someone who has traveled extensively around the world, I would say the location and breakfast were great points and the room was also a nice size for me and the balcony provided a nice view of the mountains. My negative is the noise, I was looking right over the street and it was very noisy! Thankfully I downloaded a white noise app that helped me sleep at night. I plan to return here for future university trips with my students.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
    Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel feels like it is in the middle of the city and you can hear it with the traffic noise. It is a clean and modern hotel that looks like the nicest facility for quite a distance.

The rooms are small but nice and the lobby is stylish (it is currently undergoing some construction). The elevators are tiny.

I liked their dining area. It reminds me of an old Spanish port, somewhat akin to the pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney minus the water features and pirates.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business