Just visited Jakes in Treasure Beach, Jamaica. It is a real gem. Everything about the place is unique. You can feel the personal touch of Sally and Jason Henzell. Sally is an amazing art director ("The Harder They Come") and her quirky attention to details can be seen everywhere. Rooms are romantic and comfortable with ceiling fans and gentle sea breezes. Situated in a quiet community, the hotel offers a base from which to experience to charm of rural Jamaica.
We spent time at Duggie's little bar and Jack Sprats restaurant. Walked to the fishing village at Callabash Bay and enjoyed the white sand beach. Treasure Beach is just a little off the beaten path, but turned out to be well worth the effort to reach. No packaged tourists here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach