I went to Jake's in August, 2013 for the first time and had a great experience. Stayed in one of the garden rooms, called Cowrie Down.
The rooms were comfortable, the food was tasty, and the bar will make you all sorts of juices and blended drinks. I would probably stay in one of the houses directly facing the water next time, just because they're so pretty, and because a private veranda right on the ocean is a great thing.
There is a nice area with beach chairs and sand right on the water, and a small pool that's good for cooling off. You can't swim right off of Jake's, but right off the property, there are miles of very quiet beaches with swimming and a bit more shade.
It's about a 2 hour drive from Montego Bay airport to Jake's, but if you're staying more than a few nights, it's worth it. Totally not the all inclusive party scene, but great for lazy days (except for the 2 hour yoga classes you can take every day) and quiet nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach