Arriving at Jakes was a bit of a shock. This was the last place we were staying and first impressions were mixed.
However after 5 days we have fallen in love with this place.
The whole resort has a 1970's feel. If you want pristine then jakes is probably not your place. However if you want individuality then it most definitely is.
The staff are all friendly and within a very short space of time you feel how important Jakes is to the whole of the local community. As a result you feel that you are contributing to the whole area.
The rooms are functional and if you are beside the sea you have a very special place to stay.
The food was good quality throughout our stay at both the restaurant and Jack Spratts.
Our trips out with Captain Dennis to Black River, Pelican Bar will long live in the memory.
Overall not the 'best' resort we have ever stayed in in respect of bedrooms, pool, but overall taking in the overall ambience, position by the sea, people and food, anyone who wants to see old fashioned values at first hand would love this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach