My girlfriend and I stayed at Jake's in February. The only negative thing about our trip was that it was too short! Our wonderful driver, Andre, picked us up from our hotel in Kingston and pointed out all the sites on the way to Jake's. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted with smiles and fresh juice. We were escorted to our room and were thrilled to see the beach front view and two chaise lounge chairs on our private beach area.
Our room came with an outdoor shower, which we loved! During our stay, we dined at the restaurant a few times, for both breakfast and dinner and enjoyed some pool side drinks from Dougie's Bar after. The food was fantastic every time. We were fortunate enough to arrive on the night of the Farm Dinner. Due to rain earlier in the day, the venue was moved to the owners' house. They were so gracious and hospitable, and of course, the food was so delicious! What a memorable night we had!
We took a cooking class during our stay, where we got to make jerk chicken and rice and peas (and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of our labor afterward). We also got to be a part of a video that was filmed for the Treasure Beach version of Pharrell's Happy video. What a great souvenir! We spent quite a few hours lounging over at Jack Sprat, which is a bar/restaurant at the end of the property. The food was good and the staff was wonderful. We also did an excursion to the Pelican Bar. Our boat driver Bernard was great. The Pelican Bar is a must!
Our last day there was my birthday. I visited the spa for a deep tissue massage. The ocean breeze flowed through the open windows and added to the peaceful, wonderful experience. Yvonne, the property manager, gave me a birthday hug as we said farewell. I can't think of one thing that would have made our trip any better, and I can't express how wonderful the entire staff was. They made us feel like family. We were sad to leave, but there is no doubt that we will be heading back to Jake's again someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach