“My new getaway”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Kingston, Jamaica
“My new getaway”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is my first stay and I absolutely love it at Treasure Beach Hotel!!!! This hotel has got to have the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever met especially when compared to the "five star" all inclusive hotels I have stayed at before. Its a more back to nature vibe with my room just a stone throw from the ocean. The sound of the ocean outs me to sleep at night and I wake up feeling refreshed every morning. My only complaint would be the need for more cable channels !!! Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a romantic getaway, a peaceful place to work or just a plain old vacation. Melanie, Lorna, Gayon, Marlon, Nordia and the whole staff will make your stay even better and oh yeah the food is great!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tamar T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I booked to stay at this hotel the first week in October I had previously stayed here in March this year. It was dreadful first off our room smelt horrid as it had not been used for a long time there were cobwebs in several places the chair provided was filthy. The staff did not know where our room was situated, our toilet did not flush which they did rectify. PLEASE BE AWARE THE VOUCHER ADVERTISED ON TRIPADVISOR IS NOT FOR A JAMAICAN BREAKFAST IT IS FOR A SLICE OF BREAD AND CAKE. I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER MELANIE ABOUT THIS AND SHE PROMISED TO MAKE IT KNOWN WHAT TYPE OF BREAKFAST THE VOUHER IS FOR TO DATE SHE HAS NOT DONE THIS. I found Melanie to be intrusive and did not appreciate her sitting down and talking to me I am hoilday and did not want to talk to her. We left the hotel after three days we did not like the atmosphere it is a shabby one star hotel and we would never ever go back there we were so unhappy we preferred to lose four days of our booking. Treasure Beach has beautiful views and can be very romantic just book into a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mmorais8868
cullowhee
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Wonderful staff, beautiful grounds, nice enough rooms, excellent food, great coffee, very very relaxing atmosphere.. and did I say a wonderful staff...I have stayed there a dozen times or more over the last decade (+). I use it as a weekend retreat when I am in Jamaica on business from the US. It is a special place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at Treasure Beach Hotel for 2 weeks over Christmas. I needed to get away from life, the business of the city and work. I wanted to leave my watch and not worry about the time or anything else. this is exactly what my doctor would order. I am not into the touristy stuff, I wanted a place where I could keep to myself if I wanted and no one would bother me. Because Treasure Beach is away from the touristy things, there are only the other guests, the staff and the locals. All which were very kind to me. Pete was the driver who picked me up from the airport. He is a very kind man and he doesn't speed like some of the locals. It was a pleasant drive to the hotel. Miss Lorna and Miss Daphane kept my ice water always full and always sent me to my room with ice water. They knew what I loved for breakfast (achee and salt fish), and were always there to help!! Miss Melonie, is a super woman!! She does anything that is needed for my stay be a lovely one. The grounds are very lovely and quiet. There are 2 pools and the ocean. Even though it was December there was plenty of room on the beach. I watched some locals playing ball, the children in the ocean and other tourists. I had an ocean view room. I could hear the ocean all day and all night. It put me to sleep every night. The view was spectacular!! You could see the ocean until it joined the sky. I have already gone back in June to visit and felt like I was at home. I will go back to this "treasure" on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View room
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathryn-Falconer
Central NJ
Reviewed 2 July 2011

In reading the very good reviews for Treasure Beach Hotel I was very disappointed with our experience once we arrived. First, the staff at the front desk tried to charge me for an extra bed and an extra person even though the reservation and quoted rate was for the full number of people in our group (2 adults & 1 child). Then, once I finally convinced the manager of the validity of my reservation and the quoted rate, we were given and "oceanview" room that did not have an oceanview, even after I confirmed with the manager that the room was an oceanview room. I don't really know it the staff was being intentionally deceptive, or if it was just a communication issue, but it was a very frustrating experience just checking into the hotel. Once we started to use the property, we were also disappointed that the property is run down and the pools were not very clean. We checked out the next day, and we also did not see any other guests the day & night that we were there! Nobody else walking around, in the pools, on the beach, in the restaurant, and no other cars in the parking lot. On the positive side, the hotel is situated on a fantastic bluff overlooking the ocean and is a very peaceful property. With a little maintenance and better service, this would be a great place!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank gportner
Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed at the Treasure Beach Hotel in early February 2011. Our visit to Jamaica included time in Negril also, but if you want an experience that feels original and down-to-earth and so much less tourist-y, go to Treasure Beach. It's like being in a small town in the country. We absolutely loved it. The hotel arranged to have Pete pick us up at the airport and drive us across the interior of the island to TBH. There are 4 rooms to a cottage...2 up and 2 down. The rooms are very large. Not luxurious but simple and clean. I recommend asking for a room on the second floor so you can enjoy the view of the ocean from the porch. Swimming was limited becasue of the strong under-tow here but we had great fun in the waves close to shore. Often we were the only people on the beach. There's very little shade on the beach but we found small places selling cold drinks where we could sit and cool off. The hotel as 2 pools and, again, we often had them to ourselves. Maybe we just happened to come at a quiet time. But we loved it. We had no car and didn't miss it. We walked up and down the road from Smurfs to Jakes, eating at a different place for every meal. There's not much for entertainment but you get closer to people. The ladies walking home from church. The store keepers. The locals visiting at breakfast. And Melony at the front desk. She's wonderful! Go! See for yourself.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I spent the third week in March at the Treasure Beach Hotel with my partner what can I say it was fantastic we loved every minute of it. It was like waking up in heaven every single day. We had an oceanview room with breakfast if you go ask for room 51 or 55 they have the most beautiful view of the sea, each night and morning we woke up to the sound of the sea glorious. The rooms are big spacious and airy. One of our bedstead post was almost broken in half and right side of the bed had slightly sunk but that did not change the way we felt about our stay. Breakfast was tasty too and you got a generous portion we had the Jamaican breakfast. We took the boat across to the Pelican bar that was fun. The boat guys are almost fighting for trade so dont pay more than $2500 JA. If you want to go out for a meal independent of the hotel you have to take a taxi into Black River again dont pay more than $500 JA. Everyone in St Elizabeth is so friendly and makes you feel welcome. I will be going back to Jamaica in September for my birthday and I will definitely be spending a week at the Treasure Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Just say a friend highly recommended the room.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
#4 of 5 in Treasure Beach
Katamah
Katamah
#2 of 16 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!