Golden Sands Guest House(Treasure Beach)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$60
  • Beachfront
The inn at great bay treasure beach jamaica(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$89
Kudehya Guesthouse(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$99
Katamah Beachfront Guesthouse(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$44
Waikiki Guest House(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$45
US$44
  • Beachfront
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$50
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$220
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
US$193
Hotels.com
All reviewsenjoyed my stayseen better dayspoolsbeachtreasurejamaicasurflocalsscreen
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Sometimes you don't want to tell anyone about a special place because you are afraid it will become too popular...we have been coming to the Treasure Beach Hotel for over 20 years and it is my favorite place to be in Jamaica. The hotel was built in the '30's and has been owned by Dr. Brown since the mid-80's, so it's landscaping has had the time to age into some of the most serene and beautiful vistas you will see anywhere. The hotel has large hillside grounds with pathways, benches, pavilions and two pools. You eat breakfast on the hilltop terrace overlooking an exuberant garden. You can sit under the trees in the patio or in a covered area indoors to enjoy a leisurely breakfast (served from 7:30-11:00) of a fruit plate, eggs and toasst, a continental breakfast or a traditional Jamaican breakfast with juice and coffee, which comes with the price of the room. Over the years we have enjoyed ordering dinner by room service, which comes in several courses and while the prices for this have gone up, I recommend trying it at least once for a feeling of relaxed decadence. In 2007 there Hurricane Ivan took the tops off the highest palms and eroded the beach terribly. Thankfully the beach has now come back. Everyone who works at the hotel is gracious and friendly, Lorna and others make us feel like family. Rooms have the necessary amenities, ac and ceiling fans, comfortable beds, solar heated showers, and are kept very clean. You can go many places in Treasure Beach, such as the hip Jakes, or the less expensive Jack Spratt, to eat. I find so much to do on the property, that I often just like to hang out there. Take my long walk on the beach, surf the waves (the sea is usually pretty rough in this area) or choose which of the two large pools to take my swim. Nearby day trips are Lover's Leap, the lovely Wyes Falls, the Black River river boat trip, massages, a boat trip to see the Dolphins and visit the Pelican Bar (an offshore atoll), horseback riding at the Cove (another lovely landscaped place to go for lunch). If you want to have the feel of a real Jamaica visit-forget Sandals and the all-inclusives and take a chance on the lovely community of Treasure Beach. Sure the roads are a bit testy, but nearby you can swim at Great Bay, Calabash Bay, Billie's Bay, Fort Charles beach. Every two years in late May there is the Calabash Poetry festival at Jakes, which attracts Caribbean and famous poets from the states to read in a seaside tent. We stayed this time in Room 55 which is usually reserved for honeymooners--we had a king size bed, flat screen tv, sofa, terrace with an amazing view of Frenchman's Beach, and a refrigerator. Windows have screens and you sleep with the sound of the waves. Idyllic.

Room Tip: Some rooms require more steps to get to them. Rooms on the north hillside have a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denuth
treasureb85, Manager at Treasure Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Your comprehensive review is greatly appreciated. The TEAM at the Treasure Beach Hotel will continue to Meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you ever so much

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I spent six lovely days at Treasure Beach Hotel in January 2013. The room was tidy and pretty. The two swimming pools overlook the ocean and are kept clean by a dedicated staff. The meals we ate each morning were tasty and served by the kind and friendly, Lorna. We enjoyed visiting with Lorna, hotel manager Melanie and many other staff members who were always polite and easy to talk to. They also gave great advice about local attractions. We highly recommend TBH. The vibe in the area is relaxed and easy going. The location of the hotel is perfect and its grounds are impeccable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the second floor of a townhouse facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurieandPratik
treasureb85, Manager at Treasure Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

We would like to thank your most sincerely for your review as we continue to "meet and exceed the expectations of our guests, with pride

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Let me start by saying I work in a luxury hotel in Boston. I know amazing service when I see it, and this place? Has amazing service. Keep in mind that everyone travels different. When you travel, do as much research as possible before arriving. If you're looking to see part of the island that is local, Treasure Beach is the perfect place and this is the perfect hotel. Positioned right on the beach and surrounded by local restaurants with authentic Jamaican charm. If you're intimidated by immersing yourself in the culture of the place(s) you're visiting, do yourself a favor and stay at Sandals. If you're looking for calm, clear, blue waters, stay in MoBay. Yes, the water is choppy, but you probably have little business being on an island if you can't swim. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Our maid was very kind, as was everyone on staff that we had the pleasure of chatting with. The drinks at the bar are reasonably priced and served ice-cold. The pool areas (there are two of them) were very well-kept and the water crystal clear. The relaxation factor kicked into high gear and we took an impromptu nap right on the pool deck, our first night there. This vacation Other than the bar, we didn't really utilize the hotel restaurant. Most mornings were spent having hours-long breakfasts at Waikiki, a restaurant just a few minutes walk from the hotel. The saltfish and ackee were amazing and the view was stunning. If you visit this part of Jamaica, I highly recommend grabbing a bite, here. Getting here was as easy as contacting Treasure Tours. Our driver, Omar, picked us up from MBJ, with bottles of ice-cold water, an equally cold face cloth and a smile as wide as the island. In about two hours we were settled into the hotel. The drive is beautiful and for roughly $300 roundtrip, it's well worth it. Along the way, we did stop for a quick bite at Border Jerk. The house made soup and jerk chicken were delicious and just what we needed after a four hour flight from the states. I honestly can’t say enough great things about the hotel, the location, the people and the overall Jamaican vibes. We hope to make this trip a yearly getaway. This vacation came in the middle of a very stressful time in my life and it was truly life-changing. Thank you to everyone on Treasure Beach. You made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: You don't need an ocean view, or a pool view when you can simply walk down to both. If you're spending all your time in the room, you're missing out on paradise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachael H

Thank you so very much. We are quite pleased to know that we made your stay with us MEMORABLE. We will continue to make that positive impact on all our guests

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay here for 4 days. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Very quiet and serene. Loved my garden view room with patio. Clean room, clean sheets and a working air conditioner. Only fault was need more lighting on the property. Would go back again. Soaked in the local sights.
angella, nj

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank angella45
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had a fabulous time at Treasure Beach Hotel. That being said, there's some good and bad aspects with this hotel. I personally took the bad with a grain of salt, but I do think the bad should be pointed out to other travelers in orde for them to make the best decision.

The good: The hotel is relatively secluded (but still walkable to town) but that's exactly why we picked it. The hotel sits on a part of the beach that is practically private, and there's lots of animals and flora on the expansive land the hotel sits on. There are two pools and with so few tourists, you can practically have one to yourself. The hotel could use some updating, but I'm all for the more "rustic" feel of it. I prefer my hotels to be a bit "homey" and "natural". The hotel is spacious, and the views are fabulous (although my room - room 41's "beach front' view was a bit obstructed by vegetation... there are rooms further down with full beach views). Great and attentive staff as well.

The bad: The hotel's restuarant is ENTIRELY too expensive. Food there is probably double the price of any of the other local restaurants. Although the hotel was practically dead when we arrived at noon, we had to wait until 2pm to check in. It wasn't a big deal but it was obvious the rooms were ready when we had arrived at 12noon and after a long trip I would have liked to have moved in right away which has happened to me before at other hotels. They also had a bit of a problem accepting my traveler's check for our bill, but ended up taking the checks so I can't fault them for that. Also, I don't recommend this hotel for young children or the elderly, as it is literally built on a cliff and is entirely made up of stairways. If you are at the pool, you need to walk up 2 flights in order your food/drink although they will bring it down to you. Some people may not like that but I rather liked it because it meant more privacy for me without the servers stopping by! Staff was very kind. Also, bring your own beach towels. You can use the bathroom towels, but its much better to bring your own. The rooms were a little dark, but again, who cares when you spent your whole day out in the sun???

This hotel offers a VERY private and romantically rustic atmosphere at a good price (outside of the restaurant). I definitely recommend this to couples looking for a quiet, secluded, and truly Jamaican experience.

Treasure Beach and Frenchman's Cove is certainly a gem. For all of you anti-"all inclusive" people more interested in a more authentic Jamaica than "Margaritaville", take a look at Frenchman's Cove!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 41/43 are "beach front" but there's a lot of vegetation obstructing the views. Rooms farther down (in the 50's) have much better beach views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple