“"Home away from Home"”

and 1 more site!
Treasure Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We got married 13 years ago at Treasure Beach Hotel and every year this is our home away from home! My husband, the children and I always have a spectacular time here at the hotel. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The children spends all day in the pool, while my husband and I relax. This is the place to relax and reconnect with your family! The food is to die for... and the staff is amazing. Every year they arrange a special candle light dinner for my husband and I on the terrace overlooking the ocean. My family and I will always stay at the Treasure Beach Hotel....true Jamaican hospitality!!!!!

Room Tip: oceanview rooms are amazing!!!
2  Thank TAW1976

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Isnt it a blessing to go to bed at nights in a fully air conditioned room with a super king sized bed,clean fresh linen,fluffed pillows,warm covers ,then just lay there and allow the splashing and dashing of the waves upon the seashore,the birds chirping,the trees clapping their hands and the wind whistling quietly to take you into that place of rest and dreams and visions and unwind?then wake up in the morning to the smell of freshly brewed,Blue mountain peak coffee or rich
Jamaican chocolate or mint or your flavour or choice of tea.Well one can only testify of what they've experienced and i can speak boldly about one such experience.my five (5)days/five(5)nights stay at the cool,calm ,and serene Treasure Beach Hotel. My sister and I savoured every moment of our room ''Ocean View ''room over looking the ocean and the pool.We could hardly wait to wake up @ 7 in the morning to enjoy our freshly brewed Mountain Peak Coffee or hot chocolate and then take our stroll to the beach then enjoy the warmth of either of two pools available.The management and staff are warm and welcoming,after my first day,I had thoughts of checking my family history to see if we were family(lol)>Miss Kaion Wallace is such a graceful being and at times i'd wonder if she is cloned,as I see her everywhere I visit on the property,The kitchen staff,wow,my stomach rejoiced before and applauded after my meals.The house keeping staff,they really live out the name.The receptionists,the grounds men,everyone was so orderly and executed their jobs well .My saddest day was my departure day but I am not worried in the least cos my birthday is in a month and I have already made my reservations.Ink would fail me,as there's too much to write home about this great get away.

2  Thank fluffyanrose
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was my third visit to Treasure Beach Hotel. We arrived at 2:00 am on Saturday morning and was greeted by a staff member who was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at that time. He was so patient and welcomed us with such warmth. He assisted in taking our luggage and directing us to our rooms which were Beach-Front views. This time I had my sister, her son, my friend, and her son as well. We were greeted with the serenely sounds of the waves lashing the shores and made us all excited.

The next morning we went to the pool after having our great Jamaican Ackee & Saltfish with Fried Dumplings, Boiled Bananas, Boiled Sweet Potatoes, and Fresh Vegetables. IT WAS A BLAST! Thanks Donna and the other cooks. As well, our server Aunt Lorna, as we affectionately called her, was extremely hospitable and continued to serve us throughout our stay with such grace and smiles.

On another night we visited the pool and was pleasantly surprised that the water was warm for the entire 2 hrs we were in it. I asked the Manager, Melonie Wallace if they had a warmer for the pool and she said it was naturally warmed by the Sun. Amazing!

We had the opportunity to see Jennifer Brotherton, one of the owners, on a visit to the main office. My sister who was not familiar with her pointed out that she had met a nice lady who was so warm in speaking with her and wondered who she was. After a while I introduced them both and she reiterated her excitement at their brief encounter.

Of course, as we walked the grounds for the days we were there and met each staff member. Naturally, they boasted their own smiles which convinced us that they enjoyed their jobs and made it even harder for us to leave. The diligence shown to us was remarkable and we felt like we were leaving our family upon our departure.

Thanks to the Management and Staff of Treasure Beach Hotel for an awesome vacation. See you all in the Summer of 2014. God Bless You!

Room Tip: Rooms with a beach view are to die for!
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel, July 15-17, and it was undoubtedly the worst hotel experience in all of my years of traveling worldwide. After I complained about the noise from the AC the first night, the hotel staff took it upon themselves to move all of my personal effects from my room to another on the first floor while I was away from the hotel visiting my parents some 15 miles away the following day, July16. I learned of the move when I returned from my day trip. I was stunned by this action and called the management to ask if this was their policy to move guests' belongings in their absence. I was told that it wasn't their practice. That very night, my wallet which contained about $10,000 was stolen from the bar counter where I had gone at 9: 00 p.m. which was closing time, to get a virgin pina colada. The only persons present at the time in the bar were the woman behind the counter and another staff person sitting in a corner of the room watching TV. I discovered that my wallet was missing some 20 minutes later when I was ready to tip the young man ( a staff member), who had helped me to move my belongings yet again to another room because I was told by the front desk that they had been instructed by management to send me to another room on the second floor. Clearly, I hadn't put the wallet back in my pocketbook , but instead left it on the counter in the bar. The young man quickly returned to the bar area even though it was closed to the public by then, and he also checked the office area where he said that items left by guests would normally be placed. His search was futile and the following morning when I spoke with the woman behind the bar, she said that she had not seen it. Management promised to do an investigation which yielded nothing. I was also terribly disappointed in the condition of the room.While the floor was clean, the handle on the sliding door look was broken and the drapes overhanging the sliding door had some missing hooks. The pool was dirty and couldn't be used, and the entire place seemed to be in a state of deterioration. I could not in good conscience recommend this place to anyone neither would I ever consider returning there. As someone from the parish of St. Elizabeth, the entire experience was a major let down for me.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms provide very good vista of the surrounding areas.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank CMC26
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Recently I had my honeymoon at Treasure Beach Hotel and I was amazed. Treasure Beach Hotel is definitely one f Jamaica's untouched paradise location. It is kind of place that allows for magic to happen. It private, peaceful, relaxing and the staff is just amazing. You and your partner or friend can enjoy the natural floral and fauna without any hassle or threat or bother from anyone. All you see is sea, plant, flowers...nature and yourself. You can truly relax, rebuild, regenerate, revive and just reconnect with your spouse.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top have less stairs to climb, there are no elevators
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Oye!! If you are looking for a bustling loud party till ya puke kind of place, dont stay here, If your looking for a tranquil peaceful relaxing place to meet locals eat local cusine mingle with Treasure Beachers. This is the place to stay.The beach is nearly deserted.No harrassment from anyone!!! Great little places to eat like Smurffs just up the the street or Frenchmans Reef for $12.00
Lobsters!!! cheap Red Strip. The Hotel has good food too but when in Rome,checkout all the other cool spots too.If you want to see something out of this world,take a cab to Great Bay.See how many people you wont see!!! Also right beside Seaweed House is a calm little bay to hang out at.The kind folks there are truly hospitable and we miss them.I hope treasure beach stays the same as it has in the past,I'd like to thank the owner of Sandals for spraying gravel all over our meal at jack Sprat's while landing their Chopper.O well thats the only thing i have to moan

about.Find Ted and his dog Flora for a boat ride to the Pelican Bar,it made the top 10 bars Ive ever been to and ive seen a few,wink wink gulp gulp.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard James W
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Treasure Beach Hotel is located just above a long beautiful beach on the south coast of Jamaica; steps led from the hotel down to the sand. We walked on this long empty beach several times a day. The hotel is somewhat dated, however our room was clean, comfortable and roomy, and it had a small deck overlooking the ocean. The sound of the surf at night was amazing. The grounds are lush with tropical foliage, and I enjoyed swimming in the two pools on site. We felt very safe walking on the beach and in the small community there, and enjoyed finding out of the way places to eat our meals. This is not a tourist destination and we loved it for this reason; it is more or less the opposite of seven mile beach in Negril. Be sure to get to the Pelican Bar, one of the more unique places I've experienced: it is made of driftwood on a sandbar a mile or two offshore, and is an experience not to be missed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
treasureb85, Manager at Treasure Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our Resort. We will continue to "Meet and Exceed our Guests Expectations ... With Pride". Our TREASURE, our TEAM.
We do look forward to your return visits as we continue to maintain our CHARM off the beaten track

Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Beach
#2 of 5 in Treasure Beach
Katamah
Katamah
#2 of 17 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!