We searched for hotels online, viewing pics, prices, etc. The pics were nice. Two pools, a nice little bar, 2 restaurants, satellite TV, secluded beach just to name a few. Those amenities DO NOT EXIST.
Upon arival the evening of 12/2 the place was desolate. We were lead to our room by security who did not make us feel "secure" at all. The room was dirty, had mold spores throughout the room, spider webs across the dresser mirror, a filthy tub, and when we pulled down the bedspread the linens were not clean. The TV got 3 channels.. We had no choice but to spend the night since it was already evening. We were uncomfortable and did not feel safe at all.
The next morning we went down to check out the grounds in daylight and to have breakfast. We watned to check out the place, see the other visitors (there were no others at all) We thought perhaps we would just ask to be changed to a different room. To our surprise, we found that the chef was "not working since it was now off season" and that we would need to eat elsewhere during our stay. There was no breakfast to be had. The ONE woman working was nice enough to give me coffee at least, complete with milk that curdled. The pretty little bar in the pictures online was empty. Not a bar stool to be found nor a bottle of liquor either. Just dust. No soda, no bottled water. NOTHING.
The two pools - one was empty except for the leaves and garbage. The other pool had water but was dirty, filled with leaves, algae, empty bottles and a ton of bugs.
The online ads we saw on other sites are beyond misleading, the ads were truly deceitful, an outright LIE. This hotel should not be allowed to operate. It is clearly a non functional hotel.
After NOT having breakfast and NOT having coffee, we made other arrangements for our next few nights at a resort down the road and quickly packed. I could not pack our bags quick enough. I've never had such a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Never!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, eco-friendly thirty-two room beachfront resort, with lush vegetation and dotted with Sabal palm trees. A bird watching paradise. Situated on an elevation overlooking the Blue Caribbean sea. Wedding, honeymoon and small meeting packages available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Treasure Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach St Elizabeth
- Treasure Beach Hotel Jamaica