“Low Cost Seaside Escape to serenity, relaxation and exotic vegetation”

Treasure Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Jamaica
“Low Cost Seaside Escape to serenity, relaxation and exotic vegetation”
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The Treasure Beach Hotel boasts friendly staff, even the groundsmen, who are always smiling and ready to make your stay memorable. The sound of the ocean is very calming and the view is simply breathtaking. You can stroll in the garden or enjoy the pools.
The cuisine is heavenly. Greeaaat food, freshly prepared and always served with a smile.I went with 5 friends and we are all of different personality types but we all agree we will definately return soon. If you are looking for good food, relaxation by the ocean in a tranquil setting this is definatley for you. See you there soon

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SunSeaandSandJamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
toronto
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stayed for the night 4 days ago with a friend.The rate was very reasonable.The view was amazing.We stayed in a room that had and ocean view and was beautiful to sit on the patio(verandah) where we can see palm trees,flowers, and the 2 swimming pools.Breakfast was included and we chose the traditional jamaican which was delicious.The owner of the resort does bee keeping(not at the resort,lol) and we were given a bottle of honey, free of charge.
We found the staff to be very friendly and the property well kept.There are a lot of stairs to climb,but if you can take the few extra steps up, the view is worth it.There are also rooms that are at a lower level for those who cannot manage the stairs.
The resort is very quiet.We did see other guests,but the space is set up in a way that there is a lot of privacy. There were leaves in the pool,not garbage like what was mentioned in another review,but what do u expect when there are alot of trees and flowers.?The rooms have air conditioning but i found that the breeze from the trees and the ocean was much better than turning it on.
We did not eat dinner there as we found it to be a bit costly. There is a nice resturant/bar very close by called "Jack Spratt"(nice seafood)
There are no activities there but i also liked that as well,it was really peaceful and quiet.There are 2 swimming pools which are not really deep so i think it is also good for small children.The room we were in had a bar fridge so we were able to cut costs by bringing or own drinks.wifi is available in the lobby
I really enjoyed my stay there.Ioved it
I would love to go back and recommend it to anyone.
Just relax and enjoy it
One Love

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank sista_shiloh
city
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I took a last minute decision to go to Treasure Beach Hotel to celebrate three things in one; my birthday, our honeymoon and being pregnant. Our wonderful experience began when we phoned to make our booking. We were greeted with such enthusiasm, and could hear the smile from the person on the other end. We immediately started joking and laughing back and forth with this person, and it was then that we knew we had to stay at this hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel, that enthusiasm continued as the entire front desk staff not only knew our names but remembered what we were celebrating. We were greeted with fresh fruit punch and the warmest welcome ever. Very quickly we were led to our room which had the most breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea, while the wind was flowing from every direction as we stood on our balcony and took it all in. We knew that we'd made the right decision in coming to this dream spot.

Breakfast, which was a part of our package each day always consisted of fresh local fruits and freshly made fruit juices, again served by a friendly staff member. The front desk staff further assisted us by recommending places of interest that we could visit and other restaurants that we could eat at, while we were staying in Treasure Beach.

We were stopped from taking our bags to and from our room by one of the bellhop staff, who insisted that it was his job to assist us with our bags.
During our stay, we saw a work crew busily working on getting the second pool back in working order and all this would be completed within one week.

The capping on our wonderful stay at the Treasure Beach Hotel was the last night we would be there, which was my birthday. My husband requested a special dinner for the event, and what the staff produced was the best 5 course meal that we have ever had. The setting was on the roof of the restaurant (which we had entirely to ourselves) with soft love songs floating around us.

The entire experience was great and we look forward to going back and reliving it.

Thanks to the wonderful people at Treasure Beach, our introduction to south coast lodging was ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Jersey Shore NJ
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We searched for hotels online, viewing pics, prices, etc. The pics were nice. Two pools, a nice little bar, 2 restaurants, satellite TV, secluded beach just to name a few. Those amenities DO NOT EXIST.
Upon arival the evening of 12/2 the place was desolate. We were lead to our room by security who did not make us feel "secure" at all. The room was dirty, had mold spores throughout the room, spider webs across the dresser mirror, a filthy tub, and when we pulled down the bedspread the linens were not clean. The TV got 3 channels.. We had no choice but to spend the night since it was already evening. We were uncomfortable and did not feel safe at all.
The next morning we went down to check out the grounds in daylight and to have breakfast. We watned to check out the place, see the other visitors (there were no others at all) We thought perhaps we would just ask to be changed to a different room. To our surprise, we found that the chef was "not working since it was now off season" and that we would need to eat elsewhere during our stay. There was no breakfast to be had. The ONE woman working was nice enough to give me coffee at least, complete with milk that curdled. The pretty little bar in the pictures online was empty. Not a bar stool to be found nor a bottle of liquor either. Just dust. No soda, no bottled water. NOTHING.
The two pools - one was empty except for the leaves and garbage. The other pool had water but was dirty, filled with leaves, algae, empty bottles and a ton of bugs.
The online ads we saw on other sites are beyond misleading, the ads were truly deceitful, an outright LIE. This hotel should not be allowed to operate. It is clearly a non functional hotel.
After NOT having breakfast and NOT having coffee, we made other arrangements for our next few nights at a resort down the road and quickly packed. I could not pack our bags quick enough. I've never had such a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Never!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Solarblu62
Bermuda
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I booked the room for 4 nights but paid for 2 nights, I had ordered for birthday cake via long distant phone call 5 weeks before and called to confirm a week before we were due to be there. I wanted ocean view. Well on arrivial I was told no cake because the person thought it was for the next day. The room location was down many steps and carry suitcases was no fun. Now here is the worst part of the so called surprise gift, we had to go out to find dinner which was miles away and on our return going to the room I fall flat on my face while going up the steps and hurt my chest. We left the next day and there was no return of money. My tip is this PEOPLE TREASURE BEACH IS A HAS BEEN AND NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND CLOSE IT DOORS BECAUSE YOU WILL WASTE YOU TIME AND MONEY. ANYWAY IT WAS A LESSON LEARNED, PAY FOR 1 NIGHT AND IF YOU LIKE THE PLACE THEN PAY. GOOD LUCK

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank less911_2311
Uk
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed here in July as part of a tour of the island. Upon arrival we were lead to a room with twin beds with enormous crack in the wall. The room did not feel safe or secure. It felt dirty and even had cockroaches. It brought me to tears. Like other reviews have commented Im sure this was once a beautiful hotel the location is breath taking its in the heart of the country it is just run down. I stayed here for 2 nights and feel relieved that it was not for any longer as i could not imagine another day there!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JAMROCK21
britain
Reviewed 6 February 2009

I booked Sunsplash Villa in Billy's bay treasure beach after originally going to book the lyric villa Treasure Beach but they were full for the dates we wanted so was looking for a reasonably priced alternative.
The owner contacted me and told me her villa was available and it would be lovely to have us there.
The lady sounded nice in her e-mails and the place is advertised on treasurebeach.net which seems to be the local hub for tourists and locals alike.
I asked a lot of questions about the place before paying for it and nobody seemed to go into detail just said that treasure beach is great and I would love it.
I was quite worried when I could not find any reviews on the place and only 4 pictures which the owner had taken herself but put that down to her canadian friends staying there regular(her repeat clientel as she had me believe)

The villa and cottage was to come with a cook included,
We went as a family and after looking at the pictures were all really looking forward to swimming in the evenings by the well lit pool while the elder ones in the family could eat their meals on the verandha that the cook would prepare.
The place was filthy when we arrived we were greeted with not even a glass of water,there were only 3 lightbulbs instead of about 20 we were told to purchase our own lightbulbs as the cook said that the owner is mean and tight with her money and does not pay the staff enough money to replace bulbs or toilet roll and we were to give her the old bulbs back out of the bin so she could stock count for them!!(even though we paid for the new ones)
the cooker had not been cleaned of which we took photographs,
there were insects cocoon nests on a lot of the bedding,the place was crawling with bugs,they said they do not spray it can't afford to,the light over the murky swimming pool was broken so no night swimming,the bathrooms were rusty with dangerous broken tiles hanging off,one bathroom we refused to use it was that bad.There was scum all around the bathrooms
the cottage was a derelict building with a sky dish and 2 broken fridges full of rust not working in the living room the sheets were full of nests and facecloths had cobwebs on,one toilet was leaking one shower was broken and again no lightbulbs,nobody ever slept in there,I can only describe it as a dungeon or a dog kennel to shelter from bad weather.
The supposed cook kept telling us how hard it was to manage the place and that she could not afford to buy the things it needed and she was not very well so we felt like we were really putting her out the one morning she helped us put toast into the toaster.Nothing was ever cooked for us after that.The cleaning was a quick sweep of the floor if we were lucky and the sheets pulled back over our bed.The bins were left overflowing and we had no idea where they were to be emptied not through want of trying.
The electrical sockets are very dodgy they blew twice and a couple of sockets are hanging off the wall.we had just been on a 40 mile round trip to purchase food and the electrics blew so at one point the fridge was not working.We were told to just use an extension wire and hook it up from somewhere else.There was a very old t.v in there that had 2 stations that did not work very well,the sheets were like rags on the beds and the dishcloths had all tears in them ,everything was covered in cobwebs,
We went to treasure beach as a special holiday as one of our family was overcoming an illness and it was meant to be a relaxing re-couperation break,it turned out to be a holiday from hell,I have contacted the owner and not had a response since.I was also made to pay by bankers draft which she requested be sent by the post which is a very unsafe way of sending money and had me on edge for the whole 2-3 week process but the place looked nice and sounded nice due to all of the recommendations on treasurebeach.net so I hoped for the best.I have since tried to warn people about this villa and posted photographs to treasurebeach.net to warn other tourists but they are very biased and only want excellent reports to be written about their area.They even went as far to imply I was making it up but after being shown photographic evidence went onto hide the situation and would not post.Maybe they are connected with the villa somehow.
We were in darkness from the outside the whole week as the onsite supposed cook-caretaker,refused to put the outside lights on to save electricity so it was very daunting at night times as it was a long way to the gate in the pitch dark.
towels were not washed,bedding was not changed we got 2 clean tea-towels on our last day.,sinks blocked,toilets blocked,electrics kept blowing,full of all sorts of outdoor creatures,It was not fit for pets never mind to sell as a holiday to tourists travelling a very long way to get there.Shame on treasurebeach.net for advertising them then hiding the evidence!
All I can say is do not stay there it was a holiday from hell and I would not wish that dungeon on my worst enemy.

10 Thank treasurebeachnet
#1 of 5 in Treasure Beach
Sunset Resort & Villas
Sunset Resort & Villas
#3 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!