“Beautiful Hidden Oasis in South Coast”

Treasure Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I have visited Treasure Beach Hotel several times over the past couple of years and I have always returned because it is a welcome treat for those looking for peaceful, serenity , off the beaten tourist trap that one would experience on the North coast of Jamaica. When I decided to get married and plan a destination wedding, choosing Treasure Beach Hotel was a natural fit (although a hard sell for some family). The staff was simply superb and extremely accommodating of all the requests of a frazzled bride.

Property - The property is lush with flora and greenery and offered breathtaking views of the ocean and beach. While the beach is accessible, the area Treasure Beach is known for having a strong undertow, so exercise should be cautioned if you are not a strong swimmer. My guests loved the fact that they were able to get lost in the labyrinth of foot paths and walkways that were covered by tropical foliage. If you have the opportunity to visit the rooftop patio. It offers a simply beautiful view. On our first night, we enjoyed cocktails, a light ocean breeze and basked in the awe of a sky filled with millions of stars from the roof.

Rooms - The rooms were clean, well maintained. If you stay, I would highly recommend staying in one of the second floor ocean front rooms. It is well worth the additional price. As a frame of reference, we also stayed a couple of nights at the nearby Sandals. The Deluxe Ocean room at Treasure Beach was larger, offered a true unobstructed ocean view and a larger balcony. From a "value" perspective, there was definite value in what your getting!

Food - Great! Make sure you opt for the Jamaican breakfast. The owner has a mango farm, which resulted in a wonderful mango jam being served with breakfast. Up until this day, I have family still asking me how they get a hold of some of this homemade treat. All food is made to order, so if it takes a little longer have no worries it is well worth it.

Service - The staff was sweet and gracious! There were personable, hospitable and exuded a sincere desire to ensure that your stay was comfortable. The management had a visible presence. Unlike large scale hotels that offer inflexible destination weddings packages. Treasure Beach Hotel was receptive to ideas and suggestions on how to make the day special and adapt to my needs. We had the ceremony by the pool, when my husband and I took our pictures by the beach, our guests were served cocktails and appetizers. Our dinner was in the dining room and we danced on the rooftop (semi-covered) patio afterward. I was so happy that we were able to make use of all parts of property and the staff helped make that happen!

Overall - I will definitely be returning to Treasure Beach Hotel for vacation and hope to renew my vows there for my 5 year anniversary.

P.S. Little known fact - the area Treasure Beach is named after this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2010

my husband and I stayed at the treasure beach hotel for two nights, the experience was
awesome, our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the grounds was just breath taking, because we are nature lovers, the staff was just wonderful, i will definitely invite my family and friends back to treasure beach, VERY SOON. Thank you treasure beach for a fantastic week end.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I have been to Treasure Beach Hotel on several occasions and can say, without hesitation, that I had a wonderful time. The South Coast of Jamaica is laid back, peaceful, and off the beaten track. I must say I find several of the other reviews on this site misleading and somewhat surprising. My ocean front room was clean and the property looked great. This is not a place where you find the hustle and bustle of the resorts on the North Coast. To unwind and chill it is great! One more can you ask for: great beach, two pools, villas nestled away in an garden oasis overlooking the sea....I have traveled extensively for work, and I find this place a writer's paradise!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My husband and I have reserved the same beachfront room a dozen or more times over the last dozen years, and each time the staff is more attuned to our preferences...there is nothing like Treasure Beach for total relaxation. Our room is a stone's throw from the sea, and right next to the big pool. There are no banana boats, parasails or jetskis, just the local fishermen on the water. Some of the fresh fruits and vegetables come from the owner's farm, and the juices and smoothies are delicious. The rates are reasonable, the beaches generally deserted, and the waves and tradewinds will mesmerize you if the rum punches don't...we have never experienced so much tender loving care anywhere, and can't wait for our next vacation.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The Treasure Beach Hotel boasts friendly staff, even the groundsmen, who are always smiling and ready to make your stay memorable. The sound of the ocean is very calming and the view is simply breathtaking. You can stroll in the garden or enjoy the pools.
The cuisine is heavenly. Greeaaat food, freshly prepared and always served with a smile.I went with 5 friends and we are all of different personality types but we all agree we will definately return soon. If you are looking for good food, relaxation by the ocean in a tranquil setting this is definatley for you. See you there soon

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SunSeaandSandJamaica
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stayed for the night 4 days ago with a friend.The rate was very reasonable.The view was amazing.We stayed in a room that had and ocean view and was beautiful to sit on the patio(verandah) where we can see palm trees,flowers, and the 2 swimming pools.Breakfast was included and we chose the traditional jamaican which was delicious.The owner of the resort does bee keeping(not at the resort,lol) and we were given a bottle of honey, free of charge.
We found the staff to be very friendly and the property well kept.There are a lot of stairs to climb,but if you can take the few extra steps up, the view is worth it.There are also rooms that are at a lower level for those who cannot manage the stairs.
The resort is very quiet.We did see other guests,but the space is set up in a way that there is a lot of privacy. There were leaves in the pool,not garbage like what was mentioned in another review,but what do u expect when there are alot of trees and flowers.?The rooms have air conditioning but i found that the breeze from the trees and the ocean was much better than turning it on.
We did not eat dinner there as we found it to be a bit costly. There is a nice resturant/bar very close by called "Jack Spratt"(nice seafood)
There are no activities there but i also liked that as well,it was really peaceful and quiet.There are 2 swimming pools which are not really deep so i think it is also good for small children.The room we were in had a bar fridge so we were able to cut costs by bringing or own drinks.wifi is available in the lobby
I really enjoyed my stay there.Ioved it
I would love to go back and recommend it to anyone.
Just relax and enjoy it
One Love

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sista_shiloh
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I took a last minute decision to go to Treasure Beach Hotel to celebrate three things in one; my birthday, our honeymoon and being pregnant. Our wonderful experience began when we phoned to make our booking. We were greeted with such enthusiasm, and could hear the smile from the person on the other end. We immediately started joking and laughing back and forth with this person, and it was then that we knew we had to stay at this hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel, that enthusiasm continued as the entire front desk staff not only knew our names but remembered what we were celebrating. We were greeted with fresh fruit punch and the warmest welcome ever. Very quickly we were led to our room which had the most breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea, while the wind was flowing from every direction as we stood on our balcony and took it all in. We knew that we'd made the right decision in coming to this dream spot.

Breakfast, which was a part of our package each day always consisted of fresh local fruits and freshly made fruit juices, again served by a friendly staff member. The front desk staff further assisted us by recommending places of interest that we could visit and other restaurants that we could eat at, while we were staying in Treasure Beach.

We were stopped from taking our bags to and from our room by one of the bellhop staff, who insisted that it was his job to assist us with our bags.
During our stay, we saw a work crew busily working on getting the second pool back in working order and all this would be completed within one week.

The capping on our wonderful stay at the Treasure Beach Hotel was the last night we would be there, which was my birthday. My husband requested a special dinner for the event, and what the staff produced was the best 5 course meal that we have ever had. The setting was on the roof of the restaurant (which we had entirely to ourselves) with soft love songs floating around us.

The entire experience was great and we look forward to going back and reliving it.

Thanks to the wonderful people at Treasure Beach, our introduction to south coast lodging was ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 mi away
Marblue Villa Suites
Marblue Villa Suites
#2 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Treasure Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!