“A total gem in Treasure Beach. No kidding, there...”
Blue pool, blue sky, blue sea!
A likkle piece of Paradise.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Blue pool, blue sky, blue sea!
A likkle piece of Paradise.
Doubloon Villa beachfront, Calabash Bay harbour in the distance
The excellent Doubloon team, Nadine, Hio and Robert with manager Rebecca.
Breakfast with one amazing view!
Ready for sunset cocktails?  You have front row seats as the sun sinks into the sea in front of you.
Views of Calabash Bay fishing harbour to the left - watch the boats arrive with their catches.
Or sit on the patio in front of the veranda and watch the light show
Your view directly in front of the pool deck
The sunset bedroom has a/c, mosquito nets on windows and an en-suite bathroom and 'secret' veranda
The sunset bedroom also has a 'secret' veranda, secluded with amazing sea views
Hidden away on the west wing of Doubloon, with amazing sea views, our 'secret' veranda
Afternoon tea on the 'secret veranda', with freshly-baked carrot cake.
Sunrise bedroom with full length doors opening onto pool, a/c, window nets and en-suite bathroom
Roll out of the sunrise bedroom, straight into the pool.  This room has fantastic views from 3 sides
The garden bedroom with full length window, a/c, window nets and en-suite bathroom
Garden bedroom bathroom with modern fittings and local Jamaican carpentry
Sunrise bedroom bathroom - spacious and modern
The pool view bedroom, which can sleep three, has a/c, en-suite bathroom and window mosquito nets
Indoor dining with a whole wall of sea views to the rear
The seafront veranda, a cool and shady place for a quiet read, get-together, a jigsaw or a snooze!
First thing in the morning, the veranda is an amazing place to watch the sunrise
The TV room off the dining room, a widescreen Sony Bravia, Apple TV, Netflix, a good DVD ...
Always a quiet spot to relax ...
When you want a dip in the Caribbean, the sea is right there
Sit back on the Doubloon beachfront and truly relax
A quiet corner on the verandah for a massage - only the sound of the waves
Relax to the sound of the waves
A family swim at sunset, before one of Hio's legendary suppers!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
weekendfu...
“A total gem in Treasure Beach. No kidding, there was a crocodile though.”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

This is a great place to come with kids if you want to spend your time on the beach and relaxing at the house. In the area thereʻs not much to do in terms of entertainment for kiddos. There are two restaurants nearby, which are both kid-friendly (Jakeʻs and Jack Sprat). The setting for this home is incredible. The house is beautiful with ample space for relaxing in different outside areas. While the bedrooms and bathrooms are more than adequate, they are not luxurious. Hio, the cook, is a marvelous chef, creating fabulous fresh meals. She cooks breakfast and dinner everyday, worth itʻs weight in gold not to endure long waits at nearby restaurants with kids. The landscaping around the property frames the beach below perfectly. The beach is right in front of you-- the views are stunning, there are very few people on the beach, and the water is warm and gorgeous. The major issue we had was that a day before we departed, we saw a crocodile in the ocean very close to shore swimming about for quite some time. YIKES!! We didnʻt go back in the ocean after that. Had it been early on in our trip, it would have ruined out time here. Locals we talked to said this is a rare siting indeed.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very untouristy spot.
Liked least: The crocodile swimming in the ocean.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Jan 2013
Thanks so much for your positive comments about the villa and the location – it was great having you stay with us! Hio is definitely a fantastic cook, and Robert is so passionate about his gardens. I asked Rebecca to read your comments out to them and they both thank you very much for them. Hio sends you all a big hug, and Robert a beaming smile!

As for spotting a crocodile in the ocean, I was very surprised when I heard about this. The locals are right, this is an extremely rare sighting indeed. I, for one, have never seen one out there, I have always known them to be confined to the wetlands and swamps further along the coast at Black River and beyond. They can, however, be briefly disoriented by a storm or significant change in current, but are quick to return to their usual habitat.

I know that the Jamaican crocs are far less aggressive than their African/American brothers – I’ve seen tour guides up the Black River stick their heads and hands in crocodiles’ jaws - but I would always be wary of a wild animal, and I certainly wouldn't want to be putting my body anywhere near its mouth.

I am pleased to report that, according to the local fishermen who keep a vigilant watch over their waters on Calabash Bay, the crocodile you saw was harnessed and returned, unharmed, to the Black River.

I think he/she is more than happy to be back 'home' as the crocodile has not been sighted in Treasure Beach since.

In the meantime, I have put in place a warning system amongst the locals and villa staff so that if a crocodile is ever spotted in any of the Treasure Beach bays again, people staying and living in the area will be told immediately. They will also be informed once the crocodile has been removed and rehomed.

I think this is the most sensible route to take and should be a strong safeguard for both those in the sea and for the crocodile itself.
NC

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
dolefan
Annandale, Virginia
“Amazing Villa in Paradise”
Reviewed 9 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

I travelled with friends to Jamaica for the second year in a row and we once again stayed at Doubloon. It was just as amazing this year as it was last. The villa is absolutely gorgeous and the views are amazing but the reason we went back was because of the staff. Hio is so wonderful that we feel she is now part of our family and Nadine is a fantastic addition to the team. Robert is my great wasp hunter which allowed me to open the doors to my room without fear of being stung by wasps who decided to make a home right outside my room. The only bad part of staying at Doubloon is having to leave and saying goodbye to the wonderful staff. I can't wait to visit them all again next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything . . . the staff, the views, the villa itself
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Staffordshire

Your age range 35-44
London
Reviewed 19 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing