“Paradise Found in Treasure Beach”
Blue pool, blue sky, blue sea!
A likkle piece of Paradise.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Blue pool, blue sky, blue sea!
A likkle piece of Paradise.
Doubloon Villa beachfront, Calabash Bay harbour in the distance
The excellent Doubloon team, Nadine, Hio and Robert with manager Rebecca.
Breakfast with one amazing view!
Ready for sunset cocktails?  You have front row seats as the sun sinks into the sea in front of you.
Views of Calabash Bay fishing harbour to the left - watch the boats arrive with their catches.
Or sit on the patio in front of the veranda and watch the light show
Your view directly in front of the pool deck
The sunset bedroom has a/c, mosquito nets on windows and an en-suite bathroom and 'secret' veranda
The sunset bedroom also has a 'secret' veranda, secluded with amazing sea views
Hidden away on the west wing of Doubloon, with amazing sea views, our 'secret' veranda
Afternoon tea on the 'secret veranda', with freshly-baked carrot cake.
Sunrise bedroom with full length doors opening onto pool, a/c, window nets and en-suite bathroom
Roll out of the sunrise bedroom, straight into the pool.  This room has fantastic views from 3 sides
The garden bedroom with full length window, a/c, window nets and en-suite bathroom
Garden bedroom bathroom with modern fittings and local Jamaican carpentry
Sunrise bedroom bathroom - spacious and modern
The pool view bedroom, which can sleep three, has a/c, en-suite bathroom and window mosquito nets
Indoor dining with a whole wall of sea views to the rear
The seafront veranda, a cool and shady place for a quiet read, get-together, a jigsaw or a snooze!
First thing in the morning, the veranda is an amazing place to watch the sunrise
The TV room off the dining room, a widescreen Sony Bravia, Apple TV, Netflix, a good DVD ...
Always a quiet spot to relax ...
When you want a dip in the Caribbean, the sea is right there
Sit back on the Doubloon beachfront and truly relax
A quiet corner on the verandah for a massage - only the sound of the waves
Relax to the sound of the waves
A family swim at sunset, before one of Hio's legendary suppers!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

funloving...
Connecticut
“Paradise Found in Treasure Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful stay at Doubloon Villa. Falling asleep to the crashing waves just can't be beat. The villa was spacious and very cozy, it had a beach house feel to it in a good way. The beach and the views were breathtaking. We got up early everyday to have some delicious Blue Mountain coffee and watch the sunrise from the rooftop deck before the kids woke up. The beach is so peaceful, it's like having your own beach on the Caribbean Sea. Hio and Nadine took care of us well, boy Hio can cook. They were both very sweet and fun to talk with. All the meals were great, but the most memorable was the ackee for breakfast (without the fish). The kids all loved it. The pool was great too but nothing beats swimming in the Sea all day!

The drive to Treasure Beach was actually really cool. It's a long way from Montego Bay but we saw inner parts of the island that we have never seen before, vast farmland and mountain towns. Treasure Beach IS NOT a tourist spot, it's a small village town. The trip to Black River Safari was great, your own private tour. On the way there we passed dolphins just swimming around the boat. There's a cool sports park within walking distance, and Jake's is right next door, but who needs much more if you have your own beach and pool to play in all day. We prefer staying in villas in Jamaica because you get so much more than at a resort. And this villa has to rank up there with the great deals we have found.

The only drawback was there was no cable/satellite tv and there was dvd players but no dvds. Sure, who needs tv on vacation, but it's always nice for the kids to be able to watch a show after dinner and a long day in the sun. We would have been fine with a few local channels. So just bring some dvds and you'll be fine.

Rebecca made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. We even collected soccer cleats in our town and brought 60 pairs with us to donate for kids to use that train at the sports park. Doubloon Villa is definitely a special place - Paradise found me say!

4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
29 Mar 2014
Thanks for the great review - we very much appreciate that you took the time to write and post it! Just wanted to let you know that Rebecca mentioned the DVD situation to me just after you left last year. We therefore now have Apple TV linked to Netflix with loads of TV programmes and films to watch when you need some downtime in the shade. We're always looking for ways to improve Doubloon and it is really helpful when guests show us the way! Thanks indeed for your comments. I hope you can make it back again with the family in the near future - you need to see those football boots in action! ;-)

Judy
JustaYaYa
Norton, Massachusetts
“Look no further Doubloon is just what you are looking for…..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Our trip to Doubloon was totally fantastic. It really began long before we arrived. I have traveled to Jamaica many times, and I have had a bucket list of places I wanted to visit. Treasure Beach was one of those places. Now that we have experienced Doubloon, I don’t know if we will ever get to those other places on the list.....My first inquiry received a wonderful reply from Judy, the owner of Doubloon. I had a long list of questions and I received clear concise answers to all. It was the warmth and inviting spirit of her reply that led me to choose Doubloon. I am so very happy and grateful that I did. We traveled to Treasure Beach with another couple, dear friends of ours, I was excited that this was to be their first trip to Jamaica. I wanted to share everything I have loved about Jamaica for so long, I knew there was no explaining it, you have to experience it. The entire process and the professionalism of the staff at Treasure Tours was absolutely seamless. Debbian communicates with lightening speed, always responding with everything you have requested. Should you decide to travel to Doubloon, and I don’t know one reason not to, let Sylvan from Treasure Tours pick you up. He will be waiting for you with his open arms, an award winning smile that indescribable energy that says welcome to Jamaica. Yes, the ride is long, along a winding road over the mountains, the temperature cooling just a bit as you climb higher. There is no rush, Sylvan only has you in mind. There is a great place to stop for some Jerk Chicken, but do not miss The Cool Jellyman. What a character, with all his coconuts, vegetables and fruits displayed in the cracks and crevices of this gorgeous rock wall at the side of the road. I was handed a fresh cut coconut with a straw and had a long sweet sip of the milk, it was cool and delicious. It certainly was beginning to feel like we had arrived and everything about home began to fade away. He cut the coconut open and we scooped and ate the jelly, we sampled some Jack Fruit, which I had never had, I loved it, ah something new....not even half way to Doubloon and we really were already having a blast. We stopped at the market in Black River for a few things and we got some Jamaican money with a better exchange rate than at the airport, you don’t need much, but it will come in handy in Treasure Beach. We now made the last leg of the journey, the sun was going down, bathing us in the light of dusk, we arrived as the sun set. Rebecca, the property manager, Hio, the heart of Doubloon and Robert the caretaker were there to greet us. I rarely use the phase, the pictures do not do it justice, well that is what you will discover should you decide to go....when we walked in the front door, looking across to the lantana and the terra cotta patio out to the sea, it took my breath away....The sound of the waves is amazing, soothing and comforting, the sound of those waves is what I adored the most at Doubloon. Rebecca gave us a complete tour, and answered every question we had, we were in good hands, she made us feel so welcomed, she has a lightness of being and a wonderful laugh, she is very good at her job. Shortly after Hio served us our first of many delicious home cooked meals. During our stay we had curried chicken, shrimp in a awesome sauce, jerk chicken, lobster, with salad and vegetables, Hio's rice rocks. AND dessert - carrot cake, but there was cheese cake, and chocolate cake too! I know she loves her work but tends to Doubloon like her home, and treated us like family. We didn’t last long that first night. We were up early each day after we slept like babies each night. I promise you will grow to love Hio’s words, ‘breakfast is served’..... out in the tiki hut pool and ocean side. I had written that I love callaloo - and one of the first things she said to me was, I am getting some callaloo for you. Be sure to try it, it is so good with eggs. It is different each day, an egg dish, breakfast meat, glorious fresh fruit, banana pancakes, festival, and each morning awesome fresh squeezed orange juice. Toast even tastes better at Doubloon. Robert is always around in the morning tending to the property, sweeping the paths, caring for the beautiful flowers, keeping the pool sparkling clean, and he lives right at the end of the drive, next door, should you need him. Be sure to check out his woodwork, he is a pretty amazing artisan too! He has a calm and peaceful spirit, and yes, a grand smile. Nadine even came in as we had inquired about this famous carrot cake...she wasn’t really working, as we were just a party of four, but came by just to make us that cake, do not miss it, it is heavenly. The days just blended into one another... we swam in the pool, we swam in the ocean, we bobbed around on the floats, laid in the sun, read, took pictures, we were fiercely present.....we were there to relax and that is what we did. You will find the house very comfortable, expansive and clean. You can see forever from the roof top pavilion. Just a few steps down to the gate to the sea, with an outdoor shower. There are so many places to be, one can always finds a spot to be alone, if desired. The beds are incredibly comfortable. Made up each day, and turned down in the evening, a lovely touch. The bedrooms have plantation shutters with screens, all with doors to the outside, along with ceiling fans and A/C, if you find you need it, we did not. There is a flat screen TV (we never turned it on!) and iPod docks for your music. Yes the place is wonderful but it is the people that make it a special place. Go ahead and have Hio arrange the boat trip up the Black River, yes to see the crocodiles...but more than that to be in the open ocean skipping over the waves as dolphins swim next to the boat, we even saw two babies!! AND a stop at the Pelican Bar, fun amid the turquoise blue water, with a few characters inside to boot. Otherwise we hung at the house...made our way to Jake’s for a drink and a snack, it is a lovely spot with a salt water pool with incredible tile mosaics. The coconut pie, if you are a coconut lover, I am, is killer!! We visited Callaloo Boutik and picked up a few gifts, and the little store right near the house may have what you need. We rented snorkel equipment, Rebecca brought it by. We unplugged and really relaxed, that is the magic of Doubloon. Robert built a bonfire for our last evening, it was spectacular, ceremonious really, sadly signifying the end of our time was near.... So are you booking yet? Pack light - swimsuit and lounging clothes and flip flops, you need little more, other than an adventuresome spirit.....arrange your flight home in the afternoon, you will have one more fabulous breakfast, sitting in the tiki hut, the waves breaking washed with the salt kissed breeze, then Sylvan or his son, Kerrif, will take you to Montego Bay and back to life as you know it. Yet you will be forever changed by your stay at Doubloon. I am always renewed when I visit Jamaica, it was a long time dream realized to travel to Treasure Beach and I will be forever grateful that the time was spent at Doubloon.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils

Luxury-minded travelers
Fort McMurray Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Lizziejan...
Burlington, Canada
“The best vacation our family has taken - ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Words fail to adequately describe the week our family spent at Doubloon. You will never find a better staff, a better location, a better property than this. The food is fresh and prepared from scratch. (I personally got to choose the fruit and vegetables from the travelling food truck on Tuesday. A great lesson in how to buy local!) Hio and Nadine didn't wait for us ask for something special. All they needed was for us to mention something, and it was prepared the next meal. The girls couldn't get enough festival, and their calloloo omelette and scallop potatoes will be talked about until our next visit. Both Nadine and Hio were so helpful and generous with their time, and if we needed anything they could do it or knew someone who could. Robert kept the gardens and pool spotless and yet he never invaded our privacy. I had to get up a sunrise to witness the never ending sweeping and water testing and gardening. It was comforting to know he was always keeping an eye on the property, and should anything happen he was just at the end of the driveway. A thank you to Rebecca. You dropped by occasionally to ensure we were enjoying our stay and made our family feel as though we were friends.
The property is absolutely beautiful, unbelievably so. Spacious, clean, well appointed with great internet service and a large screen tv. Everyone had their own bathroom and privacy. The only noise I heard was the ocean waves on the sand. The beach is great for kids, but watch out for the strong current. The locals will help direct you to the safer areas if you want to get out deeper, but we chose to stay close to shore.
The location is quiet and off the beaten path. There's limited tourists, little commercialism, and true authentic Jamaican culture. It is an adventure to get here from MoBay but not as rural from Kingston. Well worth the trip.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$3,250
/ Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing