I wanted to plan a pre-baby vacation for me and my husband that would be romantic and relaxing, luxurious and pampering...and within our budget. We had booked a trip to St. Martin months in advance, but were forced to cancel at the last minute due to an outbreak of Chikungunya Fever. (I was 19 weeks pregnant and couldn't risk the exposure.) Not cool. BUT--It turns out that this unfortunate occurrence was actually a blessing in disguise. Why? Because we were lucky enough to book a room at the Marblue. And I am so, so glad we did!
Here is what you need to know about Marblue: I can say without hesitation that it is the most beautiful and classy hotel on Treasure Beach--my husband and I walked quite far down the beach in both directions during our stay, and each hotel we came across did not compare. The views and landscaping of the Marblue Villa/Suites are stunning; the accommodations are comfortable and stylish, without being stuffy. It is also incredibly private--for much of our stay, we felt like we were the only ones there, even though it was peak season and the hotel was fully booked.
Axel and Andrea are wonderful hosts, who go to great lengths to make sure that their guests are completely taken care of. Any inquiries we made about excursions or transportation were immediately coordinated by Andrea--she would literally be on the phone a minute later trying to arrange everything! Knowing that I was pregnant, she kept me supplied with bottled water and would regularly check in to ask if everything was OK (which of course, it was :) And Axel went above and beyond in the kitchen. On our last night here, he prepared a romantic candle-lit dinner for two using the lobster and kingfish we caught that morning on a fishing trip with Captain Joseph. (Side note--no matter where you stay, you MUST have Captain Joseph take you out for a fishing trip, a stop at the Pelican Bar, or a Kingfish Cook-out. He is wonderful! But I digress...)
The bottom line: if you want to stay at a mega-all-inclusive resort with a casino, swim-up bar, and unlimited hamburgers (no judgement, of course), this is not the place for you. If you want to be in an unspoiled tropical setting at a high-end boutique hotel that is both beautiful and intimate, there is no better place. This was one of the most romantic and relaxing trips we have ever been on, and we can't wait to return! Thank you, Marblue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARBLUE villa Suites " do more what makes you happy!" You actually have a micro/mini villa/suite for yourself and your significant other,relax with the sound of the Sea ,a Pool, Garden and the Beach of Old Wharf, which is the quiet Stretch of Calabash Bay in Treasure Beach. 5 Suites are 650 square feet big , where the open living Room let in the breeze , where the closed Bedroom let you relax on a King Size Bed with A/C, 1 Suite is even bigger , and can host a family of four or 4 friends coming to enjoy the tranquility of the area.All Suites are equipped with fridge, Toaster & Coffee Maker or Tea Kettle, be self contained in your Kitchen or a kitchen-nette.And the ones who dont- can heat up their Jamaican experience in the new Mango Tango Kitchen-nette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Marblue Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marblue Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Marblue Hotel St Elizabeth
- Marblue Resort St Elizabeth
- Marblue Villa Suites Jamaica/Treasure Beach