“Ital food that is actually exciting and delicious!”

Gee Wiz Vegetarian Restaurant
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We tried out this little place based on the reviews here and because I'm a vegetarian. I happen to be a vegetarian who values flavour and so often I'm weary to try restaurants that are primarily vegetarians. In addition my husband most definitely an omnivore so we rarely go completely vegetarian. However we saw this little ital restaurant has fish too (little fish are sometimes considered ital). When we arrived a Ras explained the food, a vegetarian platter for me and fish with vegetarian sides for my husband. Seeing how very mellow the cooks were we decided to sit outside the back of the restaurant and get a bit mellow ourselves. Summoned back to our table we were served a huge amount of food on enormous plates. To my delight the vegetarian selection was all so flavourful with about 6 different things on my plate. My husband's fish was great too-he ate his whole meal without stopping once to chat.
If you're in Treasure Beach you should try this place for sure. Don't be afraid of the vegetarian status of the restaurant, the fish is good and the veggies are flavourful!

2  Thank Simone01

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere, the rice and veggies are seasoned to perfection!definitely worth checking out if you will be staying in the Treasure Beach area..!!!!!!

1  Thank Goldrat
Reviewed 28 January 2014

i took a short trip to Treasure beach this reach and found "Gee Wiz". to be a treasure of a restaurant. The Rasta's preparing the food are super professional and friendly and prepared a beautiful ITAL lunch for my friends and me. We ended up going back three times because the food and juices they prepared were that delicious!

1  Thank Waldenwoman2
Reviewed 8 October 2013

the food was mouth watering finger licking good will return and recommend to others you try the rest now enjoy the best 0ne love .

1  Thank Annette B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We accidentally saw this place as we we coming in to stay at a guest house in Treasure Beach. This was the first meal we had when we got here, and the best food we had our entire one month stay.

We have eaten in most of the standard tourist places that cater to vacationers, some of which came very highly recommended nothing else inspired our repeat business. We kept going back to Gee Wiz 3-4 times a week.

The proprietor is an amazing cook, and he often makes fresh fruit blends and smoothies that you can also have with your meal.

The food is Rasta style vegetarian with the occasional option for fish.

The food is always good, and the people are always very friendly.

2  Thank Dan W