“Fairly Good Mexican Food”
Review of Lolita’s

Lolita’s
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were ready for a switch from our quest of eating Puerto Rican, so headed down the highway to Lolita's. It is a little tricky to find, and if you pass it you will need to do a couple mile U turn to get back. Food was reasonably priced and plentiful. My wife and I shared a chili rellenos and a wet chimichanga, and thought they were both very good. We are used to getting free chips and salsa to start the meal, but here we passed on the costly appetizer. Sitting on the highway edge inside deck with the open windows gives you the highway experience, but the cool breeze felt good. They also have inside seating.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This restaurant could be my favorite Mexican restaurant. It was so good that we came back on a second night.

We are vegetarian, and they offer soy meat!! Every thing we ordered was fantastic. I had the soy meat smothered burrito, which was fabulous. Stuffed with soy meat, beans, guacamole, onions, tomatoes, sour cream. Smothered in red sauce and cheese. My husband had the super nachos with pico de gallo. They were like little tostadas, with soy meat, pico, and cheese on each one!

The staff was exceptional, friendly, and attentive. If the parking lot looks full, they have staff to help you park or valet. If there appears to be a line to get in, the wait is generally only 10 minutes, with a helpful hostess. The waiters and waitresses are friendly, helpful, and attentive.

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant!

2  Thank HeidiKenton
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Food is like any Mexican you can get in the states. A group of 6 got the combination plates just because they were the most cheap. Other food was really expensive. Easy to find. I honestly don't know if I'd ever go back... maybe if i just had a major craving for Mexican.

1  Thank Kim V
Reviewed 19 December 2013

First of all we went there because our butler from Las Casitas recommend this place for us. He didn't lie the food was good but the only part that I enjoy was my service; my waitress name was complicated in Spanish (Mireya; had to read it from the receipt) so she was helpful enough to let us call her Mariah. She help us with everything, not only the place was packed but the way she explain and offer people her assistance I ask her if she was the manager (she's not but will be a good one). Food was ok but the price was too much and don't think they give you free chips and salsa because they won't! My waitress offer me a small portion for a less price. She gives options and didn't look like trying to take my money but to save it. On my next trip to PR will stay again at Las Casitas Village (review is coming) and here only because that waitress help and service. Forgot she also gave us so much information of PR, phone numbers of people, even called someone for our bio bay, something the hotel couldn't do. And believe the price range is wrong cause a group of 5 ate for almost $119 and thankful for the savings we got. We had the fajitas mixed they were bad the chicken tho was dry and tasteless and only comes with 3 small tortillas, she got us more, a nachos appetizer (only 12 nachos!) for us 5 but she did tell us so she gave us the option of getting a half portion too. The burritos were really good I got it not wet" (no sauce and cheese) next time will ask for the sauce to the side to dip the 4 chips the burrito comes. The super supreme with rice inside is huge my teenager kid loved it. And there is no refill (heard the family next to us complain to another waitress) lucky for us we got inform by our waitress. Dessert was small and $$. Something my teen daughter notice was the way the owner talked to one of the staff, not good at all.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a great dinner here our last night in Puerto Rico. As a vegetarian, it was great to have soy meat options on the menu, but the meat dishes were also very good, I was told. The fresh mango juice was delicious! I would definitely go back, and the prices were quite reasonable too, I thought.

1  Thank Quesboc1