“Great food”

Ranked #12 of 79 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We love this place. We take all our guest here for dinner. The steak is mouth watering. The drinks are very good. Get a pitcher and can't drink it (takeout) yes Takeout)

Visited May 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ordered chips with cheese dip as an appetizer; the cheese seemed like they had just stuck a block of cheddar cheese in the microwave - totally separated into lumpy cheese with a huge layer of oil floating on top. Of course I wasn't expecting something healthy, just smooth/creamy/delicious - of which it was none.

Then ordered a burrito, which was soggy and full of sour cream which had apparently been cooked INTO the burrito, so had of course clumped/clotted into gross little sour cream balls.

I don't know if this is "authentic" Mexican or not, and frankly I don't care. All that matters to me is that it was not good!

(Giving 2 stars because the chips, margaritas, and service were fair to good.)

Miami, Florida
“Vacation”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

By far the wort Mexican food ever. I live in Miami so its not that we are in Texas with Mexican Restaurants in every corner but definitely better then this one. I ordered a side of Guacamole and it was served with cheddar cheese on top. It was truly the worst I ever had. I think Taco Bell has one better. I ordered two carnitas tacos it was really greasy to the point that upon serving it the soft flour was broken. I wanted to give the waitress my credit card in advance to prevent my friend of paying and she gave me a really hard time. Would not recommend it.

Luquillo, Puerto Rico
“Poor excuse for Mexican food!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having read some reviews by folks who rave about the "Mexican" food at Lolita's, I can assure you they have most certainly NEVER eaten actual Mexican cooking. I have eaten at many places in central Mexico, as well as truly Mexican restaurants in the US, and I can tell you although that the offerings at Lolita's do have the typical Mexican names, but NONE of the true Mexican style or flavor. And...they even "cook" the entrees in a microwave!! To give an example...I ordered a "super supreme burrito", which according to the waitress came with "sour cream and guacamole". About halfway through it, I noticed that the sour cream and guacamole had apparently been left off. When I asked the waitress, she said that those ingredients were INSIDE the burrito! I told her that you never "cook" guacamole or sour cream, and she said "oh
no, it's not cooked, it's just hot from the microwave"! It was the worst excuse for a burrito I have ever had. Oh...they do have fairly decent margaritas, though. So it you only want one of those...not a bad place. But the "Mexican" food...no way!

Falls Church, Virginia
“Excellent Mexican Food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Everytime we visit the Eastern part of the Island we had to stop in Lolitas. Excellent Mexican food. The Nachos with everything are great. Sometimes we only have few plates of the entrée. The Margaritas are good.