“Awsome experience- lots of fish!!!”
Review of Water City PR

Water City PR
Ranked #14 of 22 things to do in Luquillo
new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awsome experience- lots of fish!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

My wife and my two kids all had an awsome time on our hooka diveing experience, having sheduled the activity months in advance it turned out to be everything wecould have hoped for. Thats all my kids have been talking about since. My kids took pictures with under water cameas.Our refrigerator is covered with the memories of our family adventure. To bad theres no hooka diveing in New Jersey. We went out to the island icacos? it was absolutly beautiful on top of the water and below. The water was crystal clear absolutly amazing. Adam and the crew of the black dog gave us an awsome experiece me and my family will never forget. Thanks agin

2 Thank dave-snuba

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Almost drowned!”
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I have mixed reviews regarding this trip..while on one hand thanks to the assistance of the diver Ray my family and I were able to somewhat enjoy the day however, the captain when told to change a tank we were using apparently did not do so and I ran out of air on the bottom of the ocean and came up in a panic worrying my daughter would be going through the same. My husband and son had an enjoyable experience thanks to Ray. I was very angry with how the captain yelled at his employee "that it wasnt his job to change the tanks" therefore it was apparent that "our" safety was not his job either. Adam needs to understand the seriousness of what this could have been instead of being unprofessional and yelling at his employee in the water who was helping the rest of us. He was not the slightest bit concerned about us at all or what had happened. The diver was the only one who seemed to have any care for myself and family knowing how upset I was and the urgency in my voice gave him the indication that he needed to check their air supply. I was completely disenchanted with Adam and his behavior throughout this tour. I expected so much more but it seems he runs a business to chase women and has the least concern for the "others" who are there for the experience jeopardizing the safety of us and while I can only speak for myself - it ruined my day worrying over the safety of my own family and only got through it because of the efforts of his diver who genuinely went out of his way to make the tour enjoyable in the end. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this tour to anyone simply because it was ran as an unethical business.

3 Thank giareyes68
East Taunton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely the High Point of our Trip to PR!”
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We visited with four teenagers--two 17-year-old girls and two 15-year-old boys. We spent a week in Puerto Rico, and Water City was hands-down the high point of our vacation! Adam went above and beyond to accommodate us. We'd scheduled our dive on a Wednesday; however, the weather was bad, so Adam called back and rescheduled us--twice--because he was concerned first and foremost with the safety and quality of the dive. Adam, Ray and Wes were knowledgeable and friendly. They explained everything and put everyone at ease, which was important since it was our first dive and the kids were a little nervous. Our daughter, who had previously injured her ankle, was unable to use flippers. Rather than having her sit out the dive, Adam dove tandem with her so that she wouldn't lose out on the experience. She saw a sea turtle, coral, and beautiful fish! Teens are a tough audience, but ours have been raving about their "snuba" experience ever since! This activity was a blast, and Adam, Ray and Wes were great! I would highly recommend Water City to anyone of any age. Thanks, guys, for a great experience!

2 Thank what2think
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great underwater experience, easy and fun”
Reviewed 25 December 2009

We had a great time with the diving experience. It was really easy to learn and we were in the water exploring the coral in minutes. We were looking to scuba, but the expense and time investment was too much, if you aren't already scuba certified, this is the best way to explore underwater. Adam and Ray were experienced and entertaining guides that made the entire experience one to remember. Seeing all the coral and swimming with the schools of fish was exactly what I wanted and it couldn't be easier. I'd recommend this trip to anyone. A short drive from San Juan this excursion should be available to all visiting PR. Well worth it.

2 Thank namssa
Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2009

The whole snuba diving experience was great! Adam and his team were really sweet to us and made the whole experience really fun! My husband and I have never snorkeled before so we were a little nervous about getting into the open ocean. Adam let us snorkel for a while till we got used to it and then we dove off to the bottom of the ocean! That was a fantastic experience! The ocean bed was beautiful...white sand and nice reefs and it was so so quiet underneath! Our diver guide showed us a few reefs and let us swim around a little bit..it was so awesome to be standing on the ocean bed. Adam and his team made us feel very comfortable and didn't let us dive until we were confident enough to do so. The whole experience was great fun especially since we have never ever been in the open ocean before. Totally worth all the time and the money!