“SNUBA fun- a must do!”

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“SNUBA fun- a must do!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My husband and I are non-swimmers so we always missed out on water activities. When we read tripadvisor reviews on snuba, we were thrilled that we could perhaps do this despite not knowing to swim. We missed our snuba tour due to some ferry cancellation as we were headed back to luquillo from vieques. Instead of shrugging us off, Adam (the owner) was so gracious that he actually gave a separate tour just for us! Of course, it was a toned down version of the tour in the sense, we didn't go on a boat to a spot where the reefs could be found but nevertheless, he took the trouble to bring all the necessary equipment, and gave us about 45 minutes to an hour doing snuba. I opted out of it as I was not well but my husband totally enjoyed it. Adam was willing to give us the tour for free (for real) but we felt bad that he had to go to all this trouble just to give us the experience. Finally he charged us just $20- that included the training, the gear and equipment. He took pictures under water as well- we haven't got it yet but he promised that he will send it after he develops the films. We were going to do the regular snuba tour the next day but our packed schedule didn't allow us much time to do it. We will definitely do it the next time we are at PR and we highly recommend this tour to all! It is fun and a must do thing if you are at Luquillo. A special thanks to Adam for going out of the way and making this a memorable trip for us.

5 Thank srk23

new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awsome experience- lots of fish!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

My wife and my two kids all had an awsome time on our hooka diveing experience, having sheduled the activity months in advance it turned out to be everything wecould have hoped for. Thats all my kids have been talking about since. My kids took pictures with under water cameas.Our refrigerator is covered with the memories of our family adventure. To bad theres no hooka diveing in New Jersey. We went out to the island icacos? it was absolutly beautiful on top of the water and below. The water was crystal clear absolutly amazing. Adam and the crew of the black dog gave us an awsome experiece me and my family will never forget. Thanks agin

2 Thank dave-snuba
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Almost drowned!”
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I have mixed reviews regarding this trip..while on one hand thanks to the assistance of the diver Ray my family and I were able to somewhat enjoy the day however, the captain when told to change a tank we were using apparently did not do so and I ran out of air on the bottom of the ocean and came up in a panic worrying my daughter would be going through the same. My husband and son had an enjoyable experience thanks to Ray. I was very angry with how the captain yelled at his employee "that it wasnt his job to change the tanks" therefore it was apparent that "our" safety was not his job either. Adam needs to understand the seriousness of what this could have been instead of being unprofessional and yelling at his employee in the water who was helping the rest of us. He was not the slightest bit concerned about us at all or what had happened. The diver was the only one who seemed to have any care for myself and family knowing how upset I was and the urgency in my voice gave him the indication that he needed to check their air supply. I was completely disenchanted with Adam and his behavior throughout this tour. I expected so much more but it seems he runs a business to chase women and has the least concern for the "others" who are there for the experience jeopardizing the safety of us and while I can only speak for myself - it ruined my day worrying over the safety of my own family and only got through it because of the efforts of his diver who genuinely went out of his way to make the tour enjoyable in the end. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this tour to anyone simply because it was ran as an unethical business.

3 Thank giareyes68
East Taunton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely the High Point of our Trip to PR!”
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We visited with four teenagers--two 17-year-old girls and two 15-year-old boys. We spent a week in Puerto Rico, and Water City was hands-down the high point of our vacation! Adam went above and beyond to accommodate us. We'd scheduled our dive on a Wednesday; however, the weather was bad, so Adam called back and rescheduled us--twice--because he was concerned first and foremost with the safety and quality of the dive. Adam, Ray and Wes were knowledgeable and friendly. They explained everything and put everyone at ease, which was important since it was our first dive and the kids were a little nervous. Our daughter, who had previously injured her ankle, was unable to use flippers. Rather than having her sit out the dive, Adam dove tandem with her so that she wouldn't lose out on the experience. She saw a sea turtle, coral, and beautiful fish! Teens are a tough audience, but ours have been raving about their "snuba" experience ever since! This activity was a blast, and Adam, Ray and Wes were great! I would highly recommend Water City to anyone of any age. Thanks, guys, for a great experience!

2 Thank what2think
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great underwater experience, easy and fun”
Reviewed 25 December 2009

We had a great time with the diving experience. It was really easy to learn and we were in the water exploring the coral in minutes. We were looking to scuba, but the expense and time investment was too much, if you aren't already scuba certified, this is the best way to explore underwater. Adam and Ray were experienced and entertaining guides that made the entire experience one to remember. Seeing all the coral and swimming with the schools of fish was exactly what I wanted and it couldn't be easier. I'd recommend this trip to anyone. A short drive from San Juan this excursion should be available to all visiting PR. Well worth it.

2 Thank namssa