“Better Quality Chillis”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good and prompt service. Quality ingredients. Good Atmosphere. Good experience! Menu is basically Chillis, but with MUCH BETTER ingredients.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my family visited this place based on good comments we heard before. What a huge disappointment. The ribs and baked potato were cold and waiter said he would use the micro to take care of it. The place smells and looks very rundown. They need a bar rescue ASAP.

1  Thank Aguadilla65
cactusking, Owner at The Brass Cactus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We may be old (21 years same location) but never are we rundown! You came in on the morning of tropical storm Bertha, by law we can not have our liquor exposed that is why the back bar was draped without full display (maybe that was your perception of run down it looks like an old house with the furniture covered). We keep our restaurant super clean and have a rigorous cleaning schedule! I challenge anyone to find cleaner bathrooms in Luquillo. I spoke with your server Israel and he was quiet surprised to hear of this review as he said you left "happy". I do apoligize for your food being cold maybe ordering the ribs with the sauce on the side threw the grill man off. No excuse, a few more minutes on the grill and they would have been fine. We sold close to 400 racks in July and did'nt have a single complaint. I've watched this (less than real) reality show and we don't come close to qualifying for an episode, although I would not mind someone pumping 2 or 3 hundred thousand into here!!! As they do on every episode

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I cannot understand the high ratings for this place. I read the reviews and thought it would be a good spot for our family to grab dinner. It was the worst meal we had all week in PR.
We had a horrible experience. Both the food and the service were poor. Just head down the street another mile and go to the kiosks

3  Thank foxct
Reviewed 19 July 2014

One of our favorite restaurants here, definitely try the pulled pork enchillada caserole. We went here after hiking around rain forest all day, and walked to restuarant, which was a bit over a mile from our hotel. JB the owner, very cool old school surfer, came around and talked to us a few times while we were eating. After a few rounds of drinks, appetizer, meal, dessert my wife and I really tired. We also must have looked really tired because JB offered to give us a ride home. As we finished we were just going to walk it again, but as we are walking out he came up and asked if we were ready to go, so took him up on it. 5 min later i was in bed sleeping and it felt great. Really cool guy, really good food, and really good place to go. Thanks again JB.

1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good food. Good service. Kind of a neat place. Was a bit dissappointed as they no longer had the steak special that they used to have. I had the Mahi and it was pretty good. One of the few restaurants that I will eat in in Luquillo.

1  Thank William H