“Again....our favorite restaurant during our week of vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pasta y Pueblo

Pasta y Pueblo
Ranked #1 of 78 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mauston, Wisconsin
“Again....our favorite restaurant during our week of vacation!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Pasta Y Pueblo is definitely our favorite restaurant. This is our second year vacationing in Puerto Rico and we couldn't wait to taste the penne pasta with chicken/garlic and oil. We stopped to make a reservation and were told that they don't take reservations anymore. Since there are only 5 tables, we arrived at 5 p.m. as soon as they opened the next night and were seated immediately. It's a little tricky to find and it doesn't look like much but don't let that fool you ~ the food is superb!!

• Visited April 2011

• Finnish first
Westchester, NY
“Fun dining experience!”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My family and I ate at Pasta y Peublo our last night in Puerto Rico. It was a little tricky to find, but was worth it as the skirt steak, coconut rice, fish and salad were delicious! The "pasta" part of the name if a little misleading in that it comes on the side with either alfredo and marinara sauce. This is really and steak and fish restaurant. Our picky eater ordered the pasta with alfredo sauce and was unhappy to find rosemary in the sauce. We ended up ordering her a skirt steak which she loved, so all ended well. The chef and staff are very sweet and attentive, making our night of dining in the "shack" both enjoyable and memorable.

Visited February 2011
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Don't let the exterior fool you....this restaurant is a treasure!”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We are so grateful we met some guests at our resort that told us about this place. They raved about the food and the service, so we decided to have dinner there our last night.

With only 5 tables, we expected to wait, and it was worth the wait! I had the ahi tuna, and my husband had the scallops. We shared a delicious appetizer (I can't remember the name of it, but it was to die for), and we shared a dessert. We had drinks, too, and when the check came, we were amazed that it was less than fifty dollars.

The chef came out to each and every table to make sure his guests were happy, and to see if there was anything they could do better. His wife was our waitress, and she couldn't have been more lovely. Great service, and she explained the menu items to us perfectly. The waitress and the chef own the place--they are a married couple and they really cater to their guests.

If I could give more stars, I would. Even the atmosphere, which is not impressive from the outside, has tons of character inside, with signs, photos, and interesting things to look at. Honestly, I think the restaurant took on such a wonderful ambiance BECAUSE the food and the people were so wonderful.

My only complaint is that they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.....otherwise, we'd have gone more than once!

• Visited March 2011
Kansas
“Very Tasty and "Interesting" Location”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I was in Luquillo back in 2010 when this place first opened but did not get a chance to dine there. This year I made sure to make time for dinner and was not disappointed. The place is a shack with very few tables and a typically long wait, however, most of the food was incredible with only a few small issues. As many have stated, the pasta carbonara was a little bland and I found the $7 salad to be a bit too small although the passion fruit dressing was light and yummy. I would also skip the garlic bread. The Tuna, Skirt Steak and Mahi Mahi were all very good as was the cheese flan for dessert. The star of the show was the curried shrimp...simply delicious and not a typical madras curry either...something with a darker deeper flavor that was excellent.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank RastamanInKansas
“If you can get in, it's the best!”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Wow! Amazing food!! I write a food review for a magazine. In PR on vacation and wow!!! Just sayin'