“Surprised”

Pasta y Pueblo
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had arrived earlier in the day. We stopped by and learned the restaurant wasn't open til 6. We kept walking and a neighbor to the place said we must come back to try it. So, even though our last food had been the night before we wandered town until it was time.

The service was slow, it probably was an hour for salads and ninety minutes for dinner. The food though was exceptional.

As the restaurant was full we offered to share our table with two women who were also waiting to dine. Meanwhile the city was alive with local beachgoers and a skatepark just across the street.

• Finnish first
Rochester, New York
“Don't let the appearance stop you”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We approached the restaurant and saw an empty little hut. I wasn't sure I wanted to eat there when I saw it, especially after seeing that it was $20 per plate (which seemed like a lot for food out of a hut). We were the only ones there at the time. I relied on the good reviews I had read and continued. The food was amazing!! Coconut rice was delicious. I had scallops and my fiance had tuna, both were great. The only thing that would have made it better is if they served alcohol. A glass of wine would have been nice with dinner. I really loved this place. It was a fun experience and great food.

Lititz PA
“Will Not Go Back”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is our second trip to Luquillo and we really wanted to try this restaurant due to the good reviews. The first time we went in Dec 2012 we finally found the place and it was not open, no hours were posted so we had no idea if they would open later. We ended up leaving.

2 weeks ago we returned to Luquillo and decided to give it another try. We found out on the Internet that they open at 6 pm and it is very small so we arrived at 5:30 pm and sat and watched the ocean for 1/2 hour. No one showed up at the restaurant and then a man sitting on a bench asked if we were waiting for the restaurant to open and we said yes. He said that the owner had gone somewhere that day and didn't come back so the restaurant would not be open that day which was Friday. Again no hours were posted and no note that the restaurant would be closed.

We were very disappointed at wasting out time again and obviously the owner must do this as just a hobby because it is not run like a business.

We will not return.

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the stop”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We got right in and served immediately. We spoke with the family/owners after the meal. They are working on moving the location down the street. A must stop

Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

You can see the beach from the restaurant. Fortunately for us we didn't have to wait to get a seat even though the restaurant was full. The whole restaurant seats about 15 people total. We did have to wait to get our food because like they said "we only have three burners to cook everyone's food." But it was worth the wait. Prices were about $20/plate, but it was delicious. I had scallops and pasta and my wife had the salmon. I would eat here again. We did see lots of people waiting for quite some time, so not sure it would have been worth that much of a wait.

• Visited April 2014