“Yum-Fest”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Yum-Fest”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I just had a great meal at this little restaurant. They have five tables (as in... How do they make money with only five tables?) and when we got there (6:30) only two were open. They both filled up fast (granted, we were filling one of them). Point is, you might have to wait to have dinner; other people were. The food is delicious. Not fast. But delicious. My Ahi Tuna and I had a small love affair for about 20 minutes. Prices are reasonable, about $20 an entree. We paid cash, I have no idea if they accept credit cards or not. English language menus came out special for the gringos and our waitress spoke flawless English. This will be great if you're petrified of Spanish... But if you're wanting to "practicar su español" (like me) this will not be the joint to do it in. GO. EAT.

• Finnish first
Ogden, Utah
“Better than the kiosks”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

All we heard about leading up to our trip to Luquillo was the kiosks. Don't get me wrong, they were great, but this place was our favorite. It came highly recommended from everyone we talked to.

The place is very small (maybe 5 tables total) and the menu is very simple, but the food is amazing. I got the beef over coconut rice (like I said, simple) and loved it. Both the beef and the rice were superb, and I don't typically even like coconut flavoring.

For dessert, my wife ordered the guava cheesecake. Again, cheesecake is something that I don't typically even like but I tried a bite of my wife's and ended up eating almost the whole thing.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had arrived earlier in the day. We stopped by and learned the restaurant wasn't open til 6. We kept walking and a neighbor to the place said we must come back to try it. So, even though our last food had been the night before we wandered town until it was time.

The service was slow, it probably was an hour for salads and ninety minutes for dinner. The food though was exceptional.

As the restaurant was full we offered to share our table with two women who were also waiting to dine. Meanwhile the city was alive with local beachgoers and a skatepark just across the street.

Rochester, New York
“Don't let the appearance stop you”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We approached the restaurant and saw an empty little hut. I wasn't sure I wanted to eat there when I saw it, especially after seeing that it was $20 per plate (which seemed like a lot for food out of a hut). We were the only ones there at the time. I relied on the good reviews I had read and continued. The food was amazing!! Coconut rice was delicious. I had scallops and my fiance had tuna, both were great. The only thing that would have made it better is if they served alcohol. A glass of wine would have been nice with dinner. I really loved this place. It was a fun experience and great food.

• Visited May 2014
Lititz PA
“Will Not Go Back”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is our second trip to Luquillo and we really wanted to try this restaurant due to the good reviews. The first time we went in Dec 2012 we finally found the place and it was not open, no hours were posted so we had no idea if they would open later. We ended up leaving.

2 weeks ago we returned to Luquillo and decided to give it another try. We found out on the Internet that they open at 6 pm and it is very small so we arrived at 5:30 pm and sat and watched the ocean for 1/2 hour. No one showed up at the restaurant and then a man sitting on a bench asked if we were waiting for the restaurant to open and we said yes. He said that the owner had gone somewhere that day and didn't come back so the restaurant would not be open that day which was Friday. Again no hours were posted and no note that the restaurant would be closed.

We were very disappointed at wasting out time again and obviously the owner must do this as just a hobby because it is not run like a business.

We will not return.