“Can't miss!”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Quaint, inviting place just across the street from the beach. The food was really great and the environment even better. It's a can't miss if you're in the area!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I am local so I have been to Pasta y Pueblo 3 times now. I very rarely write reviews, I think this is my second one but this place deserves it. Like all the other reviews say don't be turned away by its appearance from the outside. When you go in the place is decorated with all kinds of memorabilia, beer and wine bottles, surf boards on top among other things and the place invites you to just chill and relax for a while. The food is just outstanding! I've tried the mussels in garlic and white wine sauce (which we were literally using the shells to drink the sauce, it was THAT good), the scallops and tuna, in alfredo and pesto sauce respectively, have been the best scallops and tuna I have ever had with the best alfredo and pesto sauce I have ever tasted. For dessert the last time I went I reluctantly ordered the guava cheesecake since I had heard good things about it, even though I don't like guava much, well I just could not stop eating it, I think that's the best cheesecake I have ever had in my life. They open at 6:00 PM and only have 5 tables which by 6:30 will probably all be full, no biggie, if you are not extremely hungry you can give Jessica (the chef's wife and waitress) your phone number and she will call you when your table is available, meanwhile while you wait I suggest you head over to Boardrider's Surf Bar and Grill which is just one minute walking distance from Pasta y Pueblo right along the beach, and have a beer or two and just relax for a while in the chill atmosphere!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I just had a great meal at this little restaurant. They have five tables (as in... How do they make money with only five tables?) and when we got there (6:30) only two were open. They both filled up fast (granted, we were filling one of them). Point is, you might have to wait to have dinner; other people were. The food is delicious. Not fast. But delicious. My Ahi Tuna and I had a small love affair for about 20 minutes. Prices are reasonable, about $20 an entree. We paid cash, I have no idea if they accept credit cards or not. English language menus came out special for the gringos and our waitress spoke flawless English. This will be great if you're petrified of Spanish... But if you're wanting to "practicar su español" (like me) this will not be the joint to do it in. GO. EAT.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

All we heard about leading up to our trip to Luquillo was the kiosks. Don't get me wrong, they were great, but this place was our favorite. It came highly recommended from everyone we talked to.

The place is very small (maybe 5 tables total) and the menu is very simple, but the food is amazing. I got the beef over coconut rice (like I said, simple) and loved it. Both the beef and the rice were superb, and I don't typically even like coconut flavoring.

For dessert, my wife ordered the guava cheesecake. Again, cheesecake is something that I don't typically even like but I tried a bite of my wife's and ended up eating almost the whole thing.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had arrived earlier in the day. We stopped by and learned the restaurant wasn't open til 6. We kept walking and a neighbor to the place said we must come back to try it. So, even though our last food had been the night before we wandered town until it was time.

The service was slow, it probably was an hour for salads and ninety minutes for dinner. The food though was exceptional.

As the restaurant was full we offered to share our table with two women who were also waiting to dine. Meanwhile the city was alive with local beachgoers and a skatepark just across the street.