“Osso Bucco, Luquillo, Puerto Rico Kioskos”
Review of The ossobuco

The ossobuco
Ranked #23 of 81 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
“Osso Bucco, Luquillo, Puerto Rico Kioskos”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stopped in one night last week as several of the other kioskos were full. This place was empty so we were a bit uncertain. However, everything we had was delicious. The calamari was some of the best I have ever had. I had pasta with shrimp that was delicious. My husband had snapper which was very, very good. Our only complaint was the service. As we were only 1 of 2 tables that night I would have expected more in the way of service. They ran out of Medalla (the Puerto Rican Bud Light) which was disappointing at best!

• Visited March 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have traveled to many Caribbean islands and are completely aware of "island time", however we should have saw the first red flag when it took 30 minutes to get our drinks and there was only one other couple in the restaurant (and they already had their drinks)! Our server claimed that he "ran out of ice and had to go get more", even though he never left our sight and was socializing with anyone that walked by. We received our appetizer about 1/2 hour after our drinks arrived and it was nothing to rave home about (fried mozzarella balls). The real kicker is that 1&1/2 hours after we ordered our meal, only 3 out of 4 of them arrived. (Keep in mind, we were the only people In the restaurant at this time.). Since two of us in our group ordered the same meal, apparently the kitchen only made one. It took another 1/2 hour for my meal to arrive and I ate it by myself while the rest of my group had already finished their meal. The only thing I received was "I'm sorry". Many things could have been done to right the situation (taken my meal off the bill or offered a free desert, none of which happened). They even had the audacity to charge me for the water that was offered to me while I waited for my meal!!! To top it off, my meal tasted like they ran out of some ingredient and substituted mustard instead! It tasted completely different from my son's meal which was the same thing.
Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere else instead... Such as pasta y pueblo, vejigante or ricon del sabor!

Melville, NY
“Most overlooked”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a very good restaurant that is overlooked by most people. My guess is people walk by see the place is empty and keep walking. This is a mistake. The food, presentation, and service are all excellent. I had the Bolognese pasta my wife had a fish dish and both were very good. The waiters name is Axel and he is terrific.

Valparaiso, Florida
“Found by accident”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were staying nearby at a parador/inn, and drove over for dinner to the kiosks. Walking along, we finally came to this one which was different... no loud music or pre-cooked food out front. It was a quiet week night, and we were the only customers. Our seafood came out in an attractive presentation, and was simply delicious; possibly the best food we had in Puerto Rico.
I had plenty of food in the mixed seafood appetizer + a shared order of coco rice. My tab was $14. If you're there, do try Kiosk #29. We sat inside, but the little patio looked very nice.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Red Snapper Special”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A year to the day since our last visit. The food was as excellent as before. Worth the wait and the prices are amazing. Whole Snapper for $13.95 an ample serving. This is my Fish Place at the Kiosks! Who said bland! All the sauces and dishes were superb.