“Awesome home vibe and real PR experience!”
Review of Boardriders

Boardriders
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Located right in front of the beach!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stumbled soon boardriders on our first day and we went back every day for a week. The food was excellent (get the fish tacos!) And the service was even better. Luis Diaz Vega and Ivan Velez and Kelly (the daytime bartender) were amazing. Gave us impeccable service and also offered other suggestions of things to do on the island during our stay. It's a local spot that's super casual, and a place I'm totally going to revisit! Adios!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The staff is very friendly and the service is good. We had the snow crab and the scallops both great, fresh and well cook; with a delicious home made potato salad. Nice location and reasonable prices. You can also rent a board and surf in front.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to anyone visiting Luquillo. I arrived with my sister around 7 on a Saturday night and sat inside as there were understandably no tables inside. We decided after sweating around a gallon of sweat each to get a drink at the bar and wait for a table outside with a breeze. We asked the waitress if this was okay and her only response was a look of contempt.

After finding a seat inside we waited about 30 minutes for the waitress to bring us menus as she had walked outside numerous times. Finally getting fed up, we got our own menus and waited to order. After waiting another thirty minutes at least we went inside and told the waitress our orders since she obviously was not coming to our tables to get our order (although frequently checking on all of the tables around us). The food was again, slow as expected and came out wrong. I ordered a mahi taco and she brought out a chicken taco. When we told her this was incorrect she told us to try it and that she actually now thought it was a mahi taco. It was a chicken taco, but at this point was sick of waiting and decided to just eat it. I probably could have make the dry taco myself at home with some old tomatoes. I also asked for a water which I obviously never got. I would drive to Fajardo to eat next time for real food and decent service.

The only positive of this place is it's location on the beach road.

1  Thank emilyclove
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I have visited this establishment after surfing the area which is frequented by local surfers. The times I went I didn't eat so I can't comment about the food but the drinks where good and a nice mix of locals and visitors. Always had good service and bartenders where nice.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The outside seating is good, the service is good. I tried the Mahi Mahi salad and it was some of the best Mahi Mahi I've had. The tuna bites are excellent and their homemade hot sauce is amazing.