“Worth the wait”

El Rincon Del Sabor
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent Restaurant and Souvenirs Shop near Luquillo beach, Sea food Specialties lobster, shrimp and much more! And local food, rice & beans Mofongo, all kind of drinks, beers Pina colada and more! We open daily.For groups 10 o more persons recomendamos call before for reservation.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The owners were there last night without any help due to stormy weather and still managed to serve up fantastic plates of authentic Puerto Rican cuisine with a smile. Our family had a wonderful evening. Fish cooked perfectly. Subtle flavors. Delicious desserts. Don't miss this gem.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I went for dinner last night and it truly was one of the best meals I've had! The chicken mofongo was tender, flavorful, and sweet... And my husband's chicken was delicious. The owner made us feel welcome and we plan to return soon!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LBBTM
Holiday, Florida, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Owner and his wife are the only people working this quaint, hidden gem. Food was fantastic!. We got a little confused because restaurant appeared to be closed. Found out we had to ring doorbell to get in. Owner got us talking to other diners. He was awesome and so friendly. I wish his wife had come out and introduced herself. She's a wonderful cook! I cannot say enough good things about the overall experience.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LauraFSU
Gaithersburg, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food for Your Soul, Lovely Atmosphere, Feels Like Home”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you're looking for some cuisine to hit your core (in a good way) and a place to feel like you're family, then look no further if you're in the area. I was on vacation and stumbled upon this place while looking for some Puerto Rican soul food. As soon as I walked through the door, the owner welcomed me with open arms. Once I looked through the menu, I had a difficult time choosing a meal as everything looked very appetizing. I opted for the Asopao de Camarones, and boy, was I glad I chose that soup! Within the first spoonful, it hit my core. I took my time to savor it all as it was absolutely delicious. Meanwhile, the owner continued to check up on me to ensure things were going well. He also provided some excellent information about the area such as what to do and see in El Yunque (the rainforest), where the best beaches are located, and how best to get around. If you're visiting the island, ask him questions, and he will gladly answer them for you. The table behind us was celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary. The owner came by and provided them with a special drink to toast their joyous occasion; he didn't just bring the drink over and leave-he toasted with them and said some very kind words along with some good jokes. I felt as though I was home with family. The cuisine, ambiance and hospitality were beyond excellent. I was so pleased by this place, I returned twice before I left the island. I will definitely be visiting this "rincon" when I return. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jessicad518
Seminole, Florida
“Puerto Rican soul food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My parents are Puerto Rican but I grew up in the states. Luckily my Mom is an amazing cook so we were introduced to Puerto Rican cuisine at an early age. The food at this restaurant took me back to the meals my mother used to make when I was a kid. If you want to eat like the locals, I highly recommend you visit El Rincon del Sabor. You must try the pastelillos de chapin (chapin is a fish. it's like an empanada). The asopao de camarones (shrip soup) was amazing! If your kids won't try anything else, order the sorullitos for them. It's really an appetizer but they will love it! The owner is welcoming and treats you like family. I will visit again on my next trip to P.R.

• Visited July 2014