“Best Mojitos Ever”

Ely's Place
Ranked #26 of 81 Restaurants in Luquillo
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: On Playa de Luquillo in Kiosko #10 - Telephone (787) 889-1761 - They accept Visa and Mastercard
New York City, New York
“Best Mojitos Ever”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stopped to visit the "60 Bars" in July after hiking the El Yunque rainforest. I wanted to see all of the kiosks but a friend from home had recommended this particular one. So we set out for Ely's. It is very far down (lower number) but worth the walk. Ely's is very casual, quite literally a kiosk on the beach. We ordered Mojitos, and they came in a plastic cup made with fresh mint and sugar and were the best ones I've ever had. We also ordered food. The food was very good, much better than I expected, fresh and cheap! We order conch something, local cheese in sauce and some sort of meat dish. I was completely surprised by the quality of the food. After, we sat out back and had a couple beers. We really enjoyed the food, drinks and friendly people at Ely's and will definitely return!

• Visited July 2013

“Great place for family dinner”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

If you can make it past kiosks 25-60 before turning around, try Elys. This has been the best dinner in the area by far. The mofongo and fried pork were great! Have a Sangria. By far the best cocktail in the strip. And the service is great. 2 drinks, 4 beers, 3 adults meals (kids shared 1 plate) and a side of mofongo....$57 great deal. Enough food to have left overs.

• Visited April 2013
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
“Near Fajardo, informal. Fresh fish, octopus, and conch salad. Good Mojitos!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I drive there this January,2013 ( less than an hour from San Juan; taking route 66); with a couple of friends, for lunch, on our way to Fajardo, and Naguabo beach front. I really wanted to taste something very typical. A friend of mind had told me to try Elly's octopus and conch salad. So, I dared. It was the best I had in years. Very tender, and delicious. It's very similar to Ceviche, only that it's cooked, very tender, in a vinagrette. If you are daring to taste something different try it. They make very good mojitos, made from scratch. The service could not be better. I went at noon, no waiting time. Very informal, and simple place, but would definetely recommend this to anyone who likes fresh seafood.

• Visited January 2013
West Hollywood, California
“what a good time!!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

nice, nice, nice, the attention of the staff, the homemade autenthic puertorican food is delicious, good drinks and music at a very reasonable price. Can't wait to go back.

Newark, Delaware
“Eat Where the Locals Go!”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

On Sunday and Thursday nights Ely's Place rocks! There's music playing and the place is jam packed with locals having a good time and eating good food. The food you'll find here is typical Puerto Rican street food for a very reasonable price! I ate an arepa rellena with shrimp the first night and fell in love! For only a couple bucks, I had a very satisfying meal. A few days later we returned after a day at the beach for some more inexpensive local food. The pastelillos (almost like an empanada) were amazing!!! We had lobster and chicken. The chicken one was phenomenal! I expected the lobster one to be lightly stuffed but it wasn't! It was filled to capacity with delicious, seasoned lobster. My sister ate an alcapurria - a corndog-shaped meal filled with meat (she had crab) and root vegetables. She liked it! It would've probably tasted better with a heartier meat like chicken or beef. We also had arepas de coco, which is a fried coconut dough. It was very good. Between Medallas (we drank a few) and the meal, three people ate dinner for only $25!!! I can bet you would NOT find a kiosk in Luquillo with that deal.

When you go to this kiosk, Ely and Shanie will welcome you with open arms. They are both fluent in English and Spanish. Be open-minded and try some of the cheaper menu items. You will not regret it!

• Visited December 2010