“Unique, crazy delicious Puerto Rican cuisine”
Review of Terruno

Terruno
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our buisness is a place where we look for our clients to indulge in a good meal, with a great waitstaff, rich live cultural music, an holistic dining experience for our clients to enjoy in a tropical ambience! You have to try it your self to really find out what we are talking about!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My fiance and I stopped in at Terruno one night to sample some of the rabbit dishes we'd heard about, and we enjoyed it so much, we went back for more on our last night in PR. First, the food is KILLER. Creative, tasty, and reasonably priced. We had the rabbit chicharrones, the chicharrones de pescado (fish), and on our last visit, the rabbit empanadas. I honestly was a little squeamish about trying the rabbit, but my fiance insisted, and was I ever happy to have braved it out! Amazingly fresh, tender chunks of rabbit, crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, it truly did taste like the most chicken-y chicken you've ever had, if that makes sense. Very flavorful. I also had the chicharrones de pescado, which were flaky chunks of batter fried fish, so moist and delicate, and also exceedingly fresh. Both appetizers came with plantain fries, which tasted almost exactly like potato, and a small salad of assorted greens on the side. Originally we were planning to order main dishes, but the apps were so filling, we decided to call it a night, despite wishing we had room to try more. The rabbit empanadas were also very good, actually better than ones I had at annother kiosk earlier that night...I was on a little empanada tour that evening, trying as many as I could before going back home to Philly. The ones at Terruno were great, filled with tender chunks of rabbit, and - maybe? - potato. I'm not 100% sure what was in there besides the rabbit itself, but it was wonderful, just stuffed to the brim with filling. It came with a small side salad too, for which our server brought us a tasty, slightly spicy/sweet vinaigrette for. He also brought us an assortment of hot sauces for our empanadas, ranging from mildly spicy to four-alarm fire...in a good way! The staff of Terruno is just as awesome as its' food, and both visits we had wonderfully attentive, friendly servers. Our next time in Luquillo, I'm definitely hitting Terruno ASAP, to see what new, delicious specials they've cooked up!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

7 of us stopped here for a quick bite before heading to the public beach. It was a very nice surprise. The sangria was freshly made, the corn sticks were wonderful, the dipping sauces were good, the salad dressing was homemade and tasty, and the service was very attentive. My husband said that his grilled chicken was seasoned perfectly and, as a lover of rice and beans these did not disappoint. Although I found limited vegetarian options, I greatly enjoy our lunch outing.

1  Thank Annre2
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Terruno. The waitress was friendly and gave us warm welcome. We got a table for Sunday lunch without any wait time. The food was very good but on the pricey side compared to the rest of kiosks.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am a local resident in Luquillo and really know most of the restaurants, bars and hang out spots. I have been to Terruño twice and both experiences just as bad. The servers did not have any clue of what they were doing nor they care to even take my order for drinks. The kept telling us (wife & me) the table did not belong to their area, so they would not take the orders. Finally after we got a server she would not come to the table for long periods of times. I had the rabbit with mofongo and it was terrible. It seemed as if the chef did not put any seasoning on it. It was also dry and chewy. That day we had gone following some advertising they had done indicating a specific singer that was going to be there that night and once there they told us they made a mistake and it was not on that night. Our table was shaky. There are many other restaurants in the area right near Terruño that you can explore and get a better treatment and delicious meal. Just do your research and stay away for this place.

2  Thank DzOmy
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch and had an amazing meal. Our waiter Daniel was incredibly friendly, gave us excellent recommendations and the food was amazing. We went back the following night for dinner. There was live salsa music playing, the atmosphere was fun and we had Daniel again as our waiter. He made sure we were well taken care of.

1  Thank ktgirl584