“Very nice hotel, very short driving to Rain Forest!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Yunque Mar

Hotel Yunque Mar
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Luquillo
“Very nice hotel, very short driving to Rain Forest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We picked the hotel in our traveling vacation in PR because of close location to Rain Forest. And we enjoyed very much staying at the hotel. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. Was no problem to upgrade our room (we liked to have refrigerator). Room and bathroom were very clean, bed very comfortable, pool was nice, what we could not order was nicer weather lol...too rainy!And please for the next time make your full breakfast more full :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Elarom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
ct
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Well not the most welcoming greeting. Lady at lobby was very rude she acted as if we where bothering her, our room was good bed was very comfortable, Pool was disgusting. Morning crew was a pleasure did everything they could to please us, breakfast was fast and good
I don't think I will be staying here again. the first impression and rude greeting we got when we arrived killed it for me.

Room Tip: If you stay here get a room on the second floor, no beach view rooms at all
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yunquemar, Owner at Hotel Yunque Mar, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Yunque Mar & Parador! I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. The front desk staff is trained to courteously assist all of our guests from the initial contact, the reservation, checking in, to checking out of the facility. It is their stated goal to facilitate the guest experience, and maximize guest satisfaction in all areas of their stay. In addition to those duties, they also have to firmly adhere to all hotel policies, especially those policies which are created for the benefit, health, and welfare of all of the guests staying at our facilities. Because of this, there are situations which may arise where certain individual guests may feel inconvenienced when confronted with these reasonable policies. Though this is rare, it is something that has to be dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. Again, I apologize, and welcome a call to our management to assist in clarifying the situation and resolving any issues that you may have experienced.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

If you're coming from the San Juan Area wont take you long before you get there. The entrance from the road is tricky but if you call in advance, they will guide you easily. The first impression will be that you're getting into a large house on the beach. Rooms are a little outdated, specially bathrooms, but they're clean and enough to stay a week if you like. Our TV was fixed as soon as I told service. Personnel are VERY attentive and didn't let me waiting at any time. I went with my wife hiding from work, so for a fair price I got a bed, a/c, Internet, pool and breakfast included. Our room had what the called a partial view to the beach, but it was more than I expected. I saw other rooms that were with balcony's view to the sea. There is a convenience store a few steps from the Hotel just in case you would like to have some provisions for the night (no vending machines around). The parking is a little dark at night but the place is safe and VERY quiet. If you have a rental you can go towards Fajardo for a movie and dinner although they have a restaurant in the premises (I can't tell about the food there). You wont have direct access to the beach from the Hotel in this season of the year, but you're just a few minutes in car to the " balneario de Luquillo". Don't hesitate to go for local fritters and culinary experience there. Small kiosks are along the balneario, don't be discourage of their appereance, people are the best asset when you are in Luquillo. In summary a few days at the Yunque mar (literally you can see the Yunque national rain forest from the hotel and the sea on the other) were simple, quiet and extremely relaxing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Localad
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

HIghly recommend this hotel. Clean, comfortable, affordable room. No beach in front of hotel unfortunately, ocean now up to walls of the building. But nice beach within 2 block walk. Convienent to rain forest and food kiosk close by.Very freindly staff and owner! Owner invited us to his birthday party.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love the hotel and the people that attend us. I just didn't like the road to get there and the parking for they quest was just horrible. The room was great and super clean. I really love the service of cleaning the room super fast but after a long day of traveling you hope to get to the room and watch t.v to relax; but I didn't get that with the t.v every time I got a channel some how it changes himself again to another channel.The other thing is I never got to use the pool because the water was like ice no matter how much the sun hit the water it just stay cold. Overall I really like the hotel but I will never return to the place again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jomalys C
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I found that my short stay here was filled with Kindness from the lovely ladies, Aida and Jacquelyn. They facilitated my request and were so very friendly. The place is near the most beautiful and attractive places of the island, very much worth it for a couple or two people sharing. No fancy frills, but clean and spacious on its own way!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Nothing fancy at this place, if you are a resort type of person this isn't the place for you. The price seemed somewhat high for the place, but perhaps that was because it was Palm Sunday and Monday. As others have said breakfast is across the street, rather bland, but ok.

We got bumped off our flight so we arrived very late, after midnight. The office isn't open late so if you didn't know better you could be in a world of hurt. A phone call to them early in the day allowed us to make arrangements for getting a key to our room after hours. They were very helpful in arranging that for us including some detailed text messages.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luquillo
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
The Fajardo Inn
The Fajardo Inn
#3 of 3 in Fajardo
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico

Been to Hotel Yunque Mar? Share your experiences!